Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  i think something should be done about this....
Mr.Tea Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:So I think that maybe this should be fixed before limiting how much time Mr Tea spends in spec. I think Mr Tea should be able to spend time in spec, but 23 hours connected to that server is a bit much. Maybe a plugin to limit how much time people spend in spec? I mean, especially if he is actually AFK for a large amount of that time, it's not really stopping anyone from hacking. You could argue that as long as people think that there is an admin there, they would be less inclined to hack, but only regulars would know that Mr Tea is an admin, a random hacker won't care at all.

Maybe ask him first why he spends all that time in spec, and then see what you can do to use that time more efficiently?
How about before we start limiting or anything with Mr.Tea we maybe ask him.  Or you can go on a random tangent and speculate what I am doing.  Wow.

Missed that, did ya?

Mr.Tea Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I am not bashing anyone here, I am just trying to elaborate on Zenks original point, which I kinda agree with. At the same time, it's good to have Mr Tea dedicating a lot of time to being on a server. But if he's not there for hours on end, then it's quite pointless. You could argue again that if you see an admin sitting in spec, then its a deterrent for hackers. But then again, most random hackers wouldn't guess that he was one, so would just go ahead and hack anyway. In most cases hackers don't care, even if the admin is playing the game with them, they still carry on hacking.

I dunno, it's a simple solution really. Just ask Mr Tea to disconnect if he's going to be leaving the keyboard for a few hours. Simples Smile

It is since the whole point is not to catch the random hacker.  Its the one that I already have rnds of demo's of and know that I am an admin.  That's how I caught a few regulars hacking.  I was setting in SPEC for 4hrs and looked at my computer, auto-spectated and caught them when they were complacent with walling.  It's OK I won't do this anymore.  I do dunno it is a simple solution.  Why don't we ask Mr.Tea instead of having a awesome debate about it.

Again, just simply asking you was my solution. No need to bite my head off just because you skipped through my post and only read the negative stuff.
If you read this, you suck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think something should be done about this.... - by I, The Rival - Aug 09 2011, 12:19 PM