Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi spartan,

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:His fact 3 is very true...and there has never been a studies to prove that marijuana smokers that driver while high are more likely to get into accidents. Way more people die from drinking and driving, Over does on Pharmaceutical drugs, or die from smoking cigarets.
First of all, studies aren't necessary to recognize that smoking marijuana would increase the probability of an accident (if the smoker was to drive, or operate heavy machinary, etc.). It's only logical that the effects (listed here http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/mari.html) would have a negative influence on an individual's capacity to do potentially dangerous things safely.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Way more people die from drinking and driving, Over does on Pharmaceutical drugs, or die from smoking cigarets.
While I do believe that cannabis is much better for you than alcohol or nicotine-based cigarettes, the potential harmfulness of pharmaceutical drugs certainly varies with each particular type of pharmaceutical drug (and virtually all of these drugs have a positive medical effect on a person's health). In addition, these drugs (pharmaceutical drugs, nicotine, and alcohol) are all much more commonly used than cannabis, so your point is considerably misleading.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:no studies have found that marijuana has any LASTING affect on the Brain!!
That's not true, there have been studies which have concluded that there are lasting effects, but likewise there have also been studies which contradicted those findings. There are scientists on both sides of that debate, but I tend to believe that cannabis addiction can occur (albeit mainly psychologically rather than biologically) and that it can increase the likelihood of (or exacerbate pre-existing symptoms of) schizophrenia and depression.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:the government has studies that they DON'T release b/c it doesn't coincide whit what they try to force everyone into believing
That's just an unsubstantiated assumption (you don't have any proof). Believe it or not, governments are not usually out to get us, but actually exist to help make life easier for us.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:we are not just having a convo whit a 13 year old.... its on a public forum so its talking to everyone that want to read.
It's true that we are on a public forum, but it's dysfunctional and strange for a 13 year old to be advocating the use of marijuana to adults.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Marijuana Prohibition is just a waste of Federal tax dollars.
Although many people agree with you, there are also many people who disagree.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:So why waste the money on enforcing LAWS THAT Almost every AMERICAN HATES!!!
That's an exaggeration, and there are obviously plenty of people who do want these laws. That's probably why they still exist.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:We could give the money to schools and better educate kids to drive out economy
It seems as though many Americans believe that the banning of marijuana is a more urgent priority.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:I still think that Marijuana is a safer "drug" of choice then any other drug...(Alcohol, caffine, pharmaceutical drugs and they are legal)...people get addicted to all other substances..
Although marijuana is less addictive than those others (yes, it is both psychologically addictive and (mildly)biologically addictive), it is quite a lot more harmful than the usual amounts of caffeine found in coffee and tea.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:THC the active chemical in MJ is non-adictive!
According to the website link you posted, cannabis is biologically addictive in high doses, but only with a mild effect. Moreover, it certainly has the potential to be psychologically addictive.

Also, I agree with Rival.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi

Messages In This Thread
marijuana - by Dre@m$ - Oct 09 2011, 02:12 AM
RE: marijuana - by SpartanOnLSD - Oct 09 2011, 07:24 AM
RE: marijuana - by I, The Rival - Oct 09 2011, 08:28 AM
RE: marijuana - by naive - Oct 09 2011, 08:30 AM
RE: marijuana - by Anonymous - Oct 09 2011, 09:18 AM
RE: marijuana - by SpartanOnLSD - Oct 09 2011, 12:15 PM