Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things
Mr.Tea Wrote:wow, don't attempt to sound educated in your posts, son.  Google and Wikipedia are poor attempts to make your posts sound more intelligent, as well as, condescending (that means talking down to you  Tongue).
I am decently self-educated in regards to some elements of philosophy (for instance logical fallacies). I used wikipedia for its explanation of the logical fallacies. I'm 22.

Mr.Tea Wrote:PTK called me jelly.  My clan is PBJ (Peanut Butter Jam).  I was doing a play on words in reference to that.  You came in to troll me.  I dismissed your post reinforcing my clan.  Then RU came in to back me up.  Then your butt got hurt and try to sound well educated in a counter rebuttal.
I had no idea about your clan, and it's hard to not take what people say seriously sometimes, there is no emotion on the internet. So when you used the word logic, it came across as hypocritical. Yes, I was upset with what you said about the sniper server in your reply to ptk, because it was quite a rude thing to say. Truthfully, there are much more than 20 players in the sniper server and there are lots of snipers who are very good, so if you weren't joking that's just a provocative and unnecessary comment to make. Sometimes getting huge scores is easier than other times, and it does depend on the skill of your opponents, of which there is often plenty in the sniper server, it depends on occasion. And I think you yourself would have had a hard time keeping up with ptk when he's on fire. I can't speak for ptk, but I never purposefully stack.

Oh, and I didn't see it as ruplayer backing you up, although he might have been, I saw it as him being his usual self. All I did was disagree with him a few times when I joined this site, yet he acted like a jerk pretty early on.

Mr.Tea Wrote:It was also an attempt to troll some of your players to come to a pop maps to try to upstage the awpers there.  Pretty sure a lot of you would get a rude awaking
Yes, your trolling worked. But playing on normal maps is not the same thing as playing on the sniper server. I play on the sniper server more often because it's much quicker paced and because I don't have to wait 5 or so rounds to be able to use an awp. Stop being so competitive and relax. If you think some of the popular maps awpers are more skilled, then come to the sniper server. If not, just play the game.

Mr.Tea Wrote:Wiki/Google away.  Throw in some latin and greek words.  That makes you sound smart too!
These words describe common logical fallacies, and these fallacies are often known with latin words. The way they sound is not important, it's their meaning.  If you had done a logic/philosophy class, or pursued philosophy as a hobby, you would have probably come across "Ad hominem" very often.

ruplayer Wrote:Regular person in Russia knows about 20 000 words, regular person in US knows about the same amount of words, I know about 30 000 words in Russian and about 13-15 k words in English. With that being said you still respond with 300 words on my 8... are you nervous?

ruplayer, how many words you know is not relevant, you joined the conversation in which you talked about the logic you thought I had used, so I responded to you, detailing the logic involved in some of our statements. I was not nervous, I wanted to make a point. Which is: Don't bring up the logical validity of my "argument" when I was not even making an argument, and when there are so many logical errors in your one sentence.

Sure my alias is silly, but there are many times when I'm not, especially when people act like trolls.

Edit: Red text highlights the "appeal to emotion" fallacy (where an argument is made due to the manipulation of emotions, rather than the use of valid reasoning)

Blue text highlights the "straw man" fallacy (an argument based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position)

Purple text highlights both.

Green text highlights the "red herring" fallacy (an argument given in response to another argument, and which is irrelevant and draws attention away from subject of argument).
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 01 2011, 06:49 AM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 04 2011, 01:19 AM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 04 2011, 04:43 PM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by silly - Dec 04 2011, 08:22 PM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 05 2011, 06:49 PM