Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things
Just something related that I found funny:
http://www.toptenz.net/to-10-useless-co ... egrees.php

Quote:Philosophy, like sociology and psychology, is one of those degrees that people do when they’re not quite sure what vocation they want to follow . It’s a fun-time four years, open to stoners, egocentrics and those that love the sound of their own voice, who will finish the course even more confused at what they want to do in life and probably end up working at a convenience store.

My plan to call  you "son" did receive my desired result.  To generate emotion, which is not displayed on the internet as you stated.  Too say words cannot generate emotions or without emotions is pretty ignorant itself.  Words is how many express ideas and emotions.

Its even more entertaining that you continue to speak as an expert of philosophy in a condescending manner.  You may not grasp your condescending tone, but when did my pun on jelly/jam decide to turn into a philosophical debate on logic?

I am intentionally reciprocating that tone to you in effort to get longer posts with more quotes.  Its working quite nicely.

You continue to cite philosophical definitions and quote away my posts line by line.  Breaking up your counter rebuttals focused on different parts.  Then you violate your own "laws" when you counter insult me.  You infer that I did not pay attention in a class I took over ten years ago.  Surprisingly, I did and I gave you my opinion of the study in blunt terms and observation I made. 

I was not referring semantics as to the study of language.  Just another effort to take things out of context.  I used semantics in context of meaning of words not what or why words mean things.  It was implied what definition I was using.

There is a big difference in trying to sound educated and being educated.  You are doing neither, but neither am I nor do I care to try.  You could even go a step further and critique my grammar, which I'm sure is the next step (or perhaps you evolved from that).  I guess you are living up to your name..silly.

As Spartacus brought up, Lesson Learned.  You are taking this seriously, which is plain silly.  Its good that you take interest in philosophy.  Maybe you have ambition to be a pretentious Philosopher King, but alas I humble Guardian and will always be.  It is a Brave New World....

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 01 2011, 06:49 AM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 04 2011, 01:19 AM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 04 2011, 04:43 PM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Mr.Tea - Dec 05 2011, 03:15 PM
RE: I have a problem enforcing some Admin Things - by Anonymous - Dec 05 2011, 06:49 PM