Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beauty of Doubt
I have a feeling that a lot of what I say isn't going to be understood very well
Sad oh well...  Wink

Hey assassin,
Assassin Wrote:One evidence is yourself look at yourself in the mirror and think about the how is the made through a long process fetus goes through many phases and at his/her body cycle, if you say its created by nature then if you want to create a boat to cross a river do you wait for the nature to make it for you? i dont think so.
Try to answer this:
Which comes first the chicken or the egg? lol
The boats that we make are intelligently designed, yeah Smile
but what reason do you have to say that humans are intelligently designed too?
We have evidence that boats were intelligently designed, but not that we were.

I have good reason to believe that humans were designed by genetic mutations and natural selection over time (that is what evolution is)

Here's the basics of evolution: http://war-lords.net/open-chat/basic-macro-(large-scale)-evolution

Spartan had a great answer to your chicken/egg question, I was impressed Smile

Assassin Wrote:
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:The theory of evolution states that species change over time via mutation and sexual reproduction. Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken eggs. These eggs then hatched into chickens that inbred to produce a living population. Hence, in this light, both the chicken and the structure of its egg evolved simultaneously from birds that, while not of the same exact species, gradually became more and more like present-day chickens over time.
I dont agree with this because, the theory of evolution is just a theory it hasnt been proven and it wasnt observed which means there is no evidence.
Gravity is also "just a theory", as is electricity, as is medical science (which provides cures for many disease/illnesses). [Image: 6a00d8341cb34753ef0147e3c24278970b-800wi]

But according to evidence, each of these theories "fit" reality.

An example of natural selection: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRA807djLc[/youtube]

And: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFOW6UxHRLE[/youtube]

Artificial selection (human influenced evolution) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSJNhUhV-4[/youtube]

You know cancer right? The many different types of cancer are examples of genetic mutations that went out of hand.

So basically, the mutations happen randomly, or by natural mutagens (things like radiation, x rays, or some chemicals which can change the structure of DNA). That's why a lot of people try to stay out of the sun when it's very hot, because they want to avoid UV radiation from the sun, because it can mutate the DNA in their skin cells and cause skin cancer (which can kill them!).

And then natural, or artificial selection happens over time. The creatures who are best suited to survive (those who have had good mutations which have helped them, are more likely to survive than those who have had bad mutations). And logically, those who survive the longest, will most likely have the most children/offspring. So, their DNA will be passed on through the generations, until better mutations occur, and that new mutated DNA gets passed down. That process happens over time (days, months, years, thousands of years, millions), until the creature at the end of the process may very well be unrecognisable from the original creature at the start of the process.

What part of that do you disagree with?
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi

Messages In This Thread
The Beauty of Doubt - by silly - Feb 08 2012, 02:11 AM
RE: The Beauty of Doubt - by JayCat - Feb 08 2012, 03:16 AM
RE: The Beauty of Doubt - by silly - Feb 08 2012, 07:23 AM
RE: The Beauty of Doubt - by Assassin - Feb 08 2012, 07:46 AM
RE: The Beauty of Doubt - by SpartanOnLSD - Feb 08 2012, 09:28 AM
RE: The Beauty of Doubt - by Assassin - Feb 08 2012, 09:40 AM