Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Evolutionary Genetics. (Mutations & DNA)
George, Of The Jungle Wrote:
silly Wrote:
leo Wrote:
JackMonroe Wrote:I see it as the complete opposite of random.  The universe is so vast and time infinite.  It would be more improbable for things like this not to occur at some place and time.  New unheard things are happening all around us even if we don't or can't see it, be it beyond our solar system or beyond our comprehension.  The great artist is time and space.  The masterpiece is the universe.

I will say that until science tells us where all this potential came from, that it's my belief that it's the result of a Prime Mover.

So assuming that the potential had to start somewhere, why does it have to be God? And why is God immune from having to be created?

If we are going to be consistent with the notion "that something cannot come from nothing", God must have also been created (if God exists). But God's creator would have had to be created also, and so on, into infinity.

But there's another possibility, which is that the universe just always existed (at least some parts of it).

I like that idea.

Or if you're interesting in the first mover idea, maybe some things were just always moving.

Good point. It's very hard for us humans to imagine that.

A lot of scientists say the Big Bang was the beginning of time.
So humans try to comprehend: "was there no time before the Big Bang?".

Another thing they wonder about: "how did the universe look before the Big Bang?". Just a dense ball of crap? Or was there nothing? What caused the existence of the universe?

It's normal that humans ask these questions because we grew up in a world with time and causality. Maybe the universe has always existed (in some form) but it's really hard for us to imagine.
Haha, you've just reminded me of this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QI3Vg0kpYEI've [/youtube]

George, Of The Jungle Wrote:thought about these things as well, but in the end it doesn't really matter to me. Suppose the universe was created by a god. Do I owe him anything, am I supposed to live by his rules (what rules?) ?

Naah. It has no effect on our lives.
http://you-win-the-internet.com/?n=George, Of The Jungle
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Evolutionary Genetics. (Mutations & DNA) - by silly - Feb 10 2012, 10:53 AM