Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Evolutionary Genetics. (Mutations & DNA)
I'm pretty much with Monroe. If there is infinite time, and infinite space literally all possibilities are inevitable.

I personally believe in some form of higher power, but I reject most institutionalized religion as I view organized religious worship mostly as an artifact of past culture, a tool used to control people and manipulate culture from the top down. Throughout looking at known history and the stories within the bible itself, one of the first things you should learn is forces will manipulate information to control other people. If the god of Abraham really was around 2,000-6,000 years ago heavily interacting with people through various means, I would in no way shape or form trust the known information surrounding those events these days. Even if it *did* happen, the evidence of data manipulation is every where. The bible as most Christians know it wasn't written by divine prophets, it was compiled by a fucking Atheist dictator (constantine).

In terms of relevence to silly's original post though, check this out.

http://www.boxcar2d.com/

It uses a genetic algorithm to design a car, watch it for a few days and see it evolve by random chances. It's slick as shit. You will end up with something that seems like someone MUST have designed it with great care and expertise, but nope it could have ended up as anything and was all based on chance.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Basic Evolutionary Genetics. (Mutations & DNA) - by naive - Feb 10 2012, 11:04 AM