Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution and Religion Can Coexist, Scientists Say
There's no way anyone can prove that there is or isn't a god. If there is a god however, I find it highly unlikely that it is one that anyone on this earth worships.

It took billions of years for our planet to become hospitable to organic lifeforms after the creation of the universe (no matter how it happened). That however doesn't mean that it took this long for other planets similar to ours out there (if there are any) to do the same. There could be lifeforms out there that have gone through evolution to where we are today, hundreds of thousands of years ago. But that means, going through evolution for an additional extended period of time such as hundreds of thousands of years, the capacity of their intellect would be inconceivable to us.

I believe that expanding consciousness could potentially happen. Take the difference between human beings and animals for instance. Human beings are able to tell themselves "I am thinking", animals cannot. We are conscious of our consciousness, they are merely conscious. Animals cannot possibly conceive the idea of cognitive thought. It is possible that there is another stage of consciousness that we cannot conceive, that which may be attributed what we would consider god-like attributes. Imagine being able to see all other visible spectrums, such as infrared and ultraviolet. Being able to perceive wavelengths such as radiation, radiowaves and others. The truth is, you cannot imagine it. We have invented devices which puts those other dimensions of perception inĀ  perspective but what they tell us is nothing close to the way we perceive the emission spectrum or soundwaves or visible light. Beyond that, who knows, with advanced enough technology and expanded consciousness we can mold and do whatever we wish with particles and the matter around us, much like a God.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Evolution and Religion Can Coexist, Scientists Say - by ceddeeoo - May 12 2012, 02:19 AM