Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any certain sports you kids are into?
And that statement proves to me that you have not played golf to a large degree.

Mini golf is entirely different from real golf. The conditions aren't standard you have a ton of flaws with the club, ball, course, and it doesn't require a great deal of skill, most of it is luck.

Real golf takes years of practice to develop. You do have to hone your body with the right technique, form, and athleticism. Saying that you don't just displays arrogance. Golf does use one's entire body, anticipation, brain for strategy, hand-eye coordination and creativity. It's not an easy sport to pick up because of it. If you don't believe it does, go play a round with a pro, hell even an amateur. Like I said before, it does require a good amount of strength to consistently drive a golf ball 300 yards at the end of the front 9. You have to have enough determination to overcome poor shots, a strong mindset to know how far you're behind the leader. You have to have a strong core strength especially to have the consistency that one needs to succeed.

Ignorance of a sport doesn't mean that one cannot dismiss it as one.

Why is it that your "real athletes" consider golf a sport, and you don't? Surely their opinions as real athletes override yours. It sure does to me.

Double post

Spartacus, 2 flaws. So you're saying you need to be able to walk for it to be considered a sport or an athlete? Then what about the Special Olympics, people who can't walk play in a variety of activities like track cycling, and others.

The problem with your second article is that most sports can be played by smoking and drinking. Baseball used chewing tobacco, I play basketball and football drunk and can smoke while I play too. Sure I won't be the best but then again the main thing John is at good at is hitting the ball long.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Any certain sports you kids are into? - by Christ.- - Aug 03 2012, 02:56 AM
RE: Any certain sports you kids are into? - by Matt - Aug 03 2012, 09:48 AM
RE: Any certain sports you kids are into? - by joker8baller - Aug 03 2012, 05:21 PM