Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15-year-old B.C. girl commits suicide due to being bullied
Spartacus, post: 77610, member: 1060 Wrote:I don't believe suicide victims should be put on a pedestal.

Anymore publicizing of such news just sensationalize it, enabling other depression-like victims thinking that suicide would finally make people care.

and that might lead to more suicides.

Myeah, you might have a point there, but you can't really change the way media work. They probably do it to bring attention to bullying. It's difficult to state that her suicide is a direct result of the bullying, but bullying really is a problem of society. The main problem is that other people are too apathetic about other people getting bullied. You see it a lot in/outside of schools (not just schools but mostly): one person gets bullied/beat up while others just stand there, that just doesn't make sense to me. One person getting beat up by 3 people while 10 others just stand by doing nothing for example. It sure didn't happen when I was around.

A lot of people don't feel empathy towards people who attempt suicide (they're cowards, etc, etc...). Maybe it's different when you've really hit rock bottom. The mind is a weird thing and you really can go into a dark state of mind. There are certain chemical processes that occur at those moment that aren't normal, they can't really think straight. You don't jump in front of a train for example if your state of mind is normal at that moment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 15-year-old B.C. girl commits suicide due to being bullied - by George Of The Jungle - Oct 19 2012, 05:32 AM