Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Boston 'terrorism' but not Aurora, Sandy Hook, Tucson and Columbine?
I agree that in all cases it should be said that all of them were an act of terror. However, most of the time in the shooting cases, mainstream media portrayed the gunmen as a deranged lunatic (sometimes suffering from depression or other social illnesses) instead of someone who did it out of "ideological goals"/"terrorism". Anyone who targets the innocent are all deranged lunatics if you asked me. It is semantics but the outcome/effects from those events differ and matter greatly.

Quote:Chechen Relative of Boston Suspects Alleges Russian Plot

By REUTERS

GROZNY, Russia (Reuters) - A member of the suspected Boston Marathon bombers' extended family said they were victims of a Russian plot to portray them as Chechen terrorists operating on U.S. soil.

Said Tsarnaev, who lives in Grozny, the capital of Russia's volatile Chechnya region, on Tuesday accused Moscow of sending false information to the United States to frame the suspects, ethnic Chechen brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

He said Moscow wanted to convince the West that an Islamist insurgency being waged across Russia's North Caucasus had gone global, resulting in an attack on an American target.

"It would not have happened without the involvement of the Russian side," Tsarnaev, 56, told Reuters in his home in Grozny.

"Russia needed to show the West, including the United States, that Chechens are terrorists ... They needed to blacken their reputation and present these two people and the Chechen people as a whole as terrorists. This is why it all happened."
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2013/04/2....html?_r=0

Anyway, I don't know what to believe in the news anymore. Innocent people were killed, just not sure whether justice would prevail. Need more uplifting news.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.