Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. charges Edward Snowden with espionage in leaks about NSA surveillance programs
to me it's really important that people should know their information, phone calls, emails and texts are being recorded and gathered by the federal government in bulk daily. Whether the federal government should or should not do this is a different question, but for the government to do this and for the public to not know isoutrageous. It tells me THEY have a lot to hide from us, not the other way around. There is so much indoctrination in the US from the media that I'm sure the Bush administration could have announced after 9/11, "hey we're also gonna start doing this to prevent future terrorism events from happening" and most people would be fine with it in their War Against Terror induced paranoia.

I mean, who was actually surprised by this whole thing ? Not anybody I know that's for sure. There's already been whistleblowers saying that NSA had been collecting all emails leaving and received in the US since the 90's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: U.S. charges Edward Snowden with espionage in leaks about NSA surveillance programs - by ceddeeoo - Jun 22 2013, 05:08 AM