Poll: Should WAR LORDS host Month to Month Tournaments ( using the Ranking system ) that has prizes for th Show Results
A DeathMatch kill tournament sounds better!
4 36.36%
Good Idea, but i dont want to lose my current stats.
1 9.09%
No, terrible idea.
2 18.18%
Yes, good idea.
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server RANK Tournament
Please vote, and also only leave questions/comments about said poll. Please do not become side tracked.

Thank you.
A deathmatch kill tournament sounds fun, the first person to reach 500 kills on de_dust2.

gameME has a set of awards that it gives out daily (http://wls.gameme.com/awards/css), but I think you're thinking more of skill change/points.

Depending on how active the Scrim/War server gets I'm sure we can convert it to a tournament server for a day or so a week.

I'm sure we can put together some prizes. But since we're still quite a small community (despite the popularity of our servers) funds are pretty limited.
Yes, after thinking about it a little bit more i totally agree that having a DeathMatch tournament would be awesome. Especially since you guys can modify certain things on the rankings. I personally would love to see like a DeathMatch tournament across 3-5 Maps, 30 minutes each or whatever people decide on. There could be point prizes for first, second and third place. I believe that if we set something like this up to happen maybe once a week, or 3 times a Month that we could generate a much greater quantity of people.

I totally forgot that you could reward points towards the gameME. So the prizes could be as such.

1st-3rd could get a special post on the cover page of the site possibly about being ranked #1 in the first tournament. what they won, a screenshot and so on so they feel like they accomplished something and others will notice.

*1st: 1200 GameMe Points + Admiration on Website for placing first ( screen shot ) + Consideration Into W-L.net Pub Team

*2nd: 800 GameMe Points + Slightly lower admiration on Website

*3rd: 400 GameMe Points + Slightly lower admiration on Website

Just possibilies that i kind of had in mind. PLEASE, ANYONE AND EVERYONE GIVE SOME FEEDBACK OR OTHER IDEAS!
Sporkis Wrote:Yes, after thinking about it a little bit more i totally agree that having a DeathMatch tournament would be awesome. Especially since you guys can modify certain things on the rankings. I personally would love to see like a DeathMatch tournament across 3-5 Maps, 30 minutes each or whatever people decide on. There could be point prizes for first, second and third place. I believe that if we set something like this up to happen maybe once a week, or 3 times a Month that we could generate a much greater quantity of people.

I totally forgot that you could reward points towards the gameME. So the prizes could be as such.

1st-3rd could get a special post on the cover page of the site possibly about being ranked #1 in the first tournament. what they won, a screenshot and so on so they feel like they accomplished something and others will notice.

*1st: 1200 GameMe Points + Admiration on Website for placing first ( screen shot ) + Consideration Into W-L.net Pub Team

*2nd: 800 GameMe Points + Slightly lower admiration on Website

*3rd: 400 GameMe Points + Slightly lower admiration on Website

Just possibilies that i kind of had in mind. PLEASE, ANYONE AND EVERYONE GIVE SOME FEEDBACK OR OTHER IDEAS!

I really like these ideas, but Sporkis, i think 2nd should be like +750 points and 1st should be +1000 points. 1200 is such a strange number. lol. But yeah, i definitely agree with the deathmatch idea Big Grin
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
I was also thinking special server features. I could setup gameME on it and whoever ends up the highest on the particular day wins, resetting it when required of course. Because it also does it's own awards we could always give gimmick prizes for them too.
I think we could have tons of options. Have 1 hardcore session. And other times have a few weeks or a month long competition. Also, possibly give xtra gameME points to people who finish 1st 2nd and 3rd at the end of the map...like 75,50,25. I dont know a whole lot bout the gameME thing, but i think we could have multiple tournaments a month, different styles.

Then at the end of the month have that hardcore one where certain people who ranked really high battle it out for the grand prize and such.

Almost like a deathmatch bracket. Start with the first month being a cumulative, then the second month have 2 2week cumulative brackets. Then the 3rd and final month have 3 weeks of 1 week cumulative. Then the very last week have a 5 hour finalists match and there would be one grand finisher overall.

I dunno, just throwing things out there. I definately would like to talk with Matt, M. Bison, and xFerior more and try and set something up.

I can pull a lot of people to these tournaments over mIRC. I would also be more than happy to go to my old clan servers forums and post on there. Which i plan on doing anyways now that we have the Warlords scrim and pub teams. These servers really are great. The regestration is top notch and there are so many options to choose from. Not to mention that theres usually always admins on who can ban hackers and the admins are all pretty mature people.

Watch our, here comes WAR LORDS!
Adrenaline rush..non stop killing..That would be great..two words.."UP" & "AWESOME"  you guys..

Wish i could click somewhere here for reputation points for you guys.. ;D

Will wait for the final decisions from all of you.. Damn, this war-lords community rocks..
[Image: 11bkoc6.png]
[Image: 2uiga3d.jpg]
[Image: bar.jpg]
BARCODE Wrote:Adrenaline rush..non stop killing..That would be great..two words.."UP" & "AWESOME"  you guys..

Wish i could click somewhere here for reputation points for you guys.. ;D

Will wait for the final decisions from all of you.. Damn, this war-lords community rocks..
Lol you know it Big Grin

I voted for  "Yes, good idea." but add that vote to the "Deathmatch sounds better" one. Smile

If we do have a DM tournament, what maps? And are the entries going to be by individual sign ups or by groups? And for the prizes, I guess awarding the winner with Admin rights or like 1 week Admin would be good enough for starters .Big Grin
iArvee Wrote:I voted for  "Yes, good idea." but add that vote to the "Deathmatch sounds better" one. Smile

If we do have a DM tournament, what maps? And are the entries going to be by individual sign ups or by groups? And for the prizes, I guess awarding the winner with Admin rights or like 1 week Admin would be good enough for starters .Big Grin
Rewarding people with admin could lead to all sorts of problems.