Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  HoboBob Admin abuse
davey, post: 93921, member: 17080 Wrote:It would have been different under the circumstances of the atmosphere in the server bud. Every time I've EVER played in that server, all I see is disrespect, bad mouthing, and usually FROM admins. I don't see how you can ban us for this when your admins have showed that this type of behavior is okay.

I think you're referring to scrim admins. Me, Bob, Spartacus,.., and the rest are server admins. We enforce the rules. The people that have scrim admin starts scrims and ends them. thats all.
Moriarty, post: 93923, member: 9168 Wrote:You should disregard Riser's post. There is no inappropriate language rules on scrim server other then "no racism". Everything else is still in force though. I second his statement that we trash talk on scrim server, and if anything, I should be banned too.

/agree. The atmosphere of the scrim server is very different than pub servers. If the language rules were enforced, about %90 of the players who scrim regularly would be banned.
Riser, post: 93924, member: 992 Wrote:I think you're referring to scrim admins. Me, Bob, Spartacus,.., and the rest are server admins. We enforce the rules. The people that have scrim admin starts scrims and ends them. thats all.

It is still some sort of authority.. And look at ruplayer, is he just some "scrim server admin?"
Riser, post: 93924, member: 992 Wrote:I think you're referring to scrim admins. Me, Bob, Spartacus,.., and the rest are server admins. We enforce the rules. The people that have scrim admin starts scrims and ends them. thats all.
Please see
Moriarty, post: 93923, member: 9168 Wrote:You should disregard Riser's post. There is no inappropriate language rules on scrim server other then "no racism". Everything else is still in force though. I second his statement that we trash talk on scrim server, and if anything, I should be banned too.
I should have edited the bans. It wasn't for Foul language. It was for the harassment/trash talking and poor conduct for the 3 maps we played through. I asked nicely for you to stop and got told to shove it. I might not be on as often as you but just because something happens doesn't mean it's allowed or right.

Seriously, just a little respect would have gone a long ways. I'm glad I got your attention and I hope other scrim regulars get the idea that a little trash talking is fine and everyone tosses it around, but just acting like a dick in general isn't cool.
Not only that, the whole scrim server trash talked to me today, the only real admins on the server were remix, bison and me. I didn't drop any bans. The only bans I usually give away on scrim server are for team killing and rage quitting. Sometimes to scrim admins, for abusing the small portion of powers that they have.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Ru's a server admin and I had no idea we exclude certain rules from the MOTD on our scrim servers.

Harassment isn't tolerated either or is that excluded too, ru? I guess a lot has changed since I stopped actively 10 manning.
HoboBob, post: 93928, member: 4107 Wrote:I should have edited the bans. It wasn't for Foul language. It was for the harassment/trash talking and poor conduct for the 3 maps we played through. I asked nicely for you to stop and got told to shove it. I might not be on as often as you but just because something happens doesn't mean it's allowed or right.

Seriously, just a little respect would have gone a long ways. I'm glad I got your attention and I hope other scrim regulars get the idea that a little trash talking is fine and everyone tosses it around, but just acting like a dick in general isn't cool.

Actually, the so called "harassment" started on inferno. And NO ONE ever told you to shove it. trash talking is as much as the game as flashbangs, ak's, it is PART of the game. Do you ban a kid from a football league because he talks trash to the other team? No.
FYI, bans have been set back to 1 day. Don't make the scrim server a bad server to play on because of players who can't get along with eachother. Normally I'd simply mute and ignore you guys but the rest of the team wasn't enjoying any of it either. That and the ignore function didn't seem to work...

Aside from that, please try to pass this on to the rest of the players who go to the wL scrim servers. No one should feel like they can't have a good time and play like shit even though the other team is dominating them. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go have a bad time, pay $5 a month and wait for long waits between matches on another server with players who are worse/better than you and just want to make the games miserable. Don't bring it here.

Davey, most normal sports teams do not condone trash talking the other team. It's unsportsmanlike and doesn't fly. We all play together. Don't be a dick.
HoboBob, post: 93932, member: 4107 Wrote:FYI, bans have been set back to 1 day. Don't make the scrim server a bad server to play on because of players who can't get along with eachother. Normally I'd simply mute and ignore you guys but the rest of the team wasn't enjoying any of it either. That and the ignore function didn't seem to work...

Aside from that, please try to pass this on to the rest of the players who go to the wL scrim servers. No one should feel like they can't have a good time and play like shit even though the other team is dominating them. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go have a bad time, pay $5 a month and wait for long waits between matches on another server with players who are worse/better than you and just want to make the games miserable. Don't bring it here.

Thank you for your cooperation.