Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grad trip advice [US/EUROPE/AUS brahs GTFIH]
Got my results yesterday and I have officially graduated from college/uni.

I was hesitant to get on a grad trip. However, my friends convinced me otherwise. This is my only free time before I join the "working world" and be tasked with endless responsibilities.

Intending to go solo.

I'm not a guy for posh holidays(5 star hotels and guided tours). Just need a safe place with a roof over my head and i'm good. Planning to backpack as well. I like a place with culture, where I can meet and interact with people, at the same time enjoy the beautiful landscapes.

so where can I go? Planning to get out of Asia..so no asia.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Europe, you can buy monthly (1-3 months) passes on the Euro Train. Stop where you want, get on when you want etc. Perfect to see Europe over a summer when backpacking. Plus lots of cheap awesome hostels everywhere along! You can see East - to West Europe in 3 months easily.

2nd Idea. US mainland trip. Buy a cheap used car (I would most likely have gone with an old classic American muscle car). And drive along the famous highways, and make a full US car trip in three months. See all the sights, plus see some of the people that play on our servers? With a car you don't have to get a room anywhere as you can easily crash in the back. All you need is gas and you are set.

Me and bro are still planning to the Mainland Car trip... hopefully when our lives aren't constantly being pushed from side to side :p
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Best place to go backpacking is Ecuador. A really small country, bus fares to get around is 1$=1hr. In Ecuador you can go find the amazon rainforest (eastern side of the country), the Indies and the mountain cloud forest (mid part), some crazy ass volcanoes (closest points to the sun from the Earth since Ecuador is right on the Equator), the amazing beaches on the west coast with surfer towns and finally the Galapagos islands just off the coast. After that you can go to Columbia or Peru Smile
I would stick to a European trip if you want to absorb culture. Get a euro train pass via Deutsche Bahn. Tons of places to hike regardless the country. If I were you, I would fly into Munich or Prague and work my way to the west coast. Anything further East can get sketchy. I would make my way towards Belgium too enjoy a true evolution of beer. Then head south into France for a wine experience. Then head down towards Spain/Portugal to hit up some beaches and finish in Rome to get a last bukkake of culture.

I would recommend area focused visits of the US otherwise it gets too expensive or way to long to travel.
Mr.Tea, post: 94311, member: 1006 Wrote:I would stick to a European trip if you want to absorb culture. Get a euro train pass via Deutsche Bahn. Tons of places to hike regardless the country. If I were you, I would fly into Munich or Prague and work my way to the west coast. Anything further East can get sketchy. I would make my way towards Belgium too enjoy a true evolution of beer. Then head south into France for a wine experience. Then head down towards Spain/Portugal to hit up some beaches and finish in Rome to get a last bukkake of culture.

I would recommend area focused visits of the US otherwise it gets too expensive or way to long to travel.

yeah this is the 2nd time someone told me this.

alright thanks Tea
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Yeah I'd definitely recommend EU over US any day. So much more culture and stuff to check out in EU, plus you can go to different countries by train really easily. I'd highly recommend barcelona, paris, Deauville (in normandie, where the d-day beaches are), brussels, Bordeaux, Biarritz (at the border between france and spain), Cannes and Nice, Geneva, Amsterdam, Rome, Venice, Naples, Vienna, Copenhagen and Stockholm. Never been to Germany sorry.
EU like everyone's been saying, cheap and easy to get around and 100x more interesting.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Mr.Tea, post: 94311, member: 1006 Wrote:I would stick to a European trip if you want to absorb culture. Get a euro train pass via Deutsche Bahn. Tons of places to hike regardless the country. If I were you, I would fly into Munich or Prague and work my way to the west coast. Anything further East can get sketchy. I would make my way towards Belgium too enjoy a true evolution of beer. Then head south into France for a wine experience. Then head down towards Spain/Portugal to hit up some beaches and finish in Rome to get a last bukkake of culture.

It is the sketchy stuff that is interesting! Black Sea Romania, Ukraine, Monte Negro, Transylvania (part of Romania but speaks a different language). The Eastern European women are fantastic looking too!

If you get a chance visit Scandinavian countries too! Here are some photos for you to think about!

[Image: 155785024.jpg][Image: 728c8__hot-swedish-fans-in-bikinis.jpg]
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Quebec! Nah just kidding, worst place ever lol can't even beleive I live there. I'd go for EU any days, so easy to drive around..
[Image: 34grqxg.png]
[Image: 168hp2u.png]