Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Config Tweak
As a linux user, I cannot use voice on some( all? ) of your servers because of the codec CSS uses by default. Setting the following config setting will fix that.

sv_use_steam_voice 1
go create a .cfg of your own then type sv_use_steam_voice 0.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
You both missed the point of my post AND don't know what a server-sided cvar is.

It needs to be set to 1, on the server, for linux users to be able to use voice.
Artist, post: 99989, member: 17320 Wrote:You both missed the point of my post AND don't know what a server-sided cvar is.

It needs to be set to 1, on the server, for linux users to be able to use voice.
Setting it to 1 would screw Windows users.
Just Go With IT. √

How? CSS used steam voice for a decade. The only difference would be quality of sound, and even that would be minimal.

Double post

Hate to do this, but it is very annoying to not be able to use a mic, and this is a really easy fix, sooo.....

BUMP
A lot of users won't be able to use their mics if sv_use_steam_voice is set to 1. This happened in tf2
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
<snip>

CSS used steam voice for a decade, I don't see how it could cause problems.

That being said, I'm currently in the process of hacking together skype's codec, I'll likely update the thread with the results so anyone with the same problem can solve it
The only reason for sv_use_steam_voice to be set to 1 would be to stop hldj mic spammers.
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
This should be ignored, after the OrangeBox update HLDJ already stopped working.
Just Go With IT. √

Donut, post: 100352, member: 16662 Wrote:The only reason for sv_use_steam_voice to be set to 1 would be to stop hldj mic spammers.

And so Linux( and possibly Mac ) players can use voice chat.