Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Life 3 - Why it is DELAYED
According to John Lowrie, a voice actor who has worked on several Valve games including DOTA 2, Left 4 Dead, Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2, one of the main reasons behind half Life 3 delay is that Valve is waiting for better motion capture technology.

John is not really a technical guy, but he's got his info from developers close to the project. Characters in Half Life 2 look directly at the player when talking to him, but that is not possible when using motion-captured animation. Once a motion is captured using current tech, in-game characters will repeat it exactly without being able to modify it. This works great for movies, but not for interactive media such as games.

"As far as I know they are not developing HL3 now for several reasons, among them the mo-cap issue," the voice actor said in a comment on his personal blog. "Sorry for any confusion. What they might decide in the future depends on lots of different factors. I hope they do, personally, but it has to make sense for them."

Source: http://megagames.com/news/valve-voice-ac...pture-tech
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Didn't you know? Valve never comes out with a 3. None of their games have a 3 in them. People have been asking for 3 this and 3 that for years.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
JayCat, post: 100470, member: 2104 Wrote:Didn't you know? Valve never comes out with a 3. None of their games have a 3 in them. People have been asking for 3 this and 3 that for years.
Valve has on several occasion confirmed that a HL3 will happen, but they haven't began developing it yet rofl. I guess they are too busy earning money! Sad
cucubelu, post: 100472, member: 15378 Wrote:Valve has on several occasion confirmed that a HL3 will happen, but they haven't began developing it yet rofl. I guess they are too busy earning money! Sad
No, they are busy throwing them at strippers!
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Moriarty, post: 100478, member: 9168 Wrote:No, they are busy throwing them at strippers!
I want strippers too Sad
we wont see hl3 until like 2015
ceddeeoo, post: 100491, member: 9052 Wrote:we wont see hl3 until like 2015

More like 3094
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
JayCat, post: 100500, member: 2104 Wrote:More like 3094
You are an ancient now...by that time you will be that huge tree outside one's house...waiting...anticipating the release of HL3 so you can retake human form!