Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTA V PC Version - Data mined info
Last week some basic information about GTA V's potential PC version was gleaned from an XML file on the Xbox 360 version of the game. Now, someone else has done some digging in the PS3 version and discovered looks like references to 2k textures in a PC version, along with expected DX11 features.

The lines in question, found by Redditor Hal_Nein_Thousand, are as follows:

985459 – PC – [PT][PB] Crash – > game_win32_beta_dx11.exe!strRequest::Release() Line 47 + 0xf bytes C++
614622 – [LB][PT][LDS][DX11] Blooms too much on smog weather setting.
632447 – [PC] All the phones are very dark and hard to read
496009 – [PC] Debug picker seems to be non-functional
(no x64 prebuild cover) – Boot checks completed only.
Base AudioCL#s: Playstation 3 and XBOX: 3772801; PC CL 3773483

The mention of DirectX11 features and bloom in a 2013 game is no surprise, but an allusion to an X64 build is exciting, as it potentially means support for more than 3.2GB of RAM. This could mean much higher resolutions textures, or more of the game world being pre-loaded into the memory, which would reduce load times and pop in.

What's great about these bug reports however, isn't the added features (though it's nice to see a PC version getting a touch up) but the fact that it looks like Rockstar has been developing the PC version for almost as long as the console variants. That hopefully means a full fleshed out recreation and not a sloppy console port.

Whether it's taking longer than the console version to release, or if Rockstar is holding out so people buy both versions, we may never know.

Source: http://megagames.com/news/rumour-gta-v-p...-and-64bit

Looks like PC version has been in the works for a while. Hope they give us an estimated release date soon.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Imma try pc version, I have already finished the game, though.

btw, thx for sharing cucu..
have not played GTA since ps2 how is GTA V compared to the new saints row?
I know that we have never really met before
But, tell me, does this rag smell like chloroform?

Let me buy you a drink, how 'bout a roofie, gin and tonic?
Roor, post: 102210, member: 17324 Wrote:have not played GTA since ps2 how is GTA V compared to the new saints row?
Personally, I enjoy GTA much more than Saints Row IV
I enjoy both. GTA goes for the real deal, world hands-on experience. Saints Row doesn't care about that, adds a bunch of sick crazy shit, but does it with a flare. They do great though, both games are a part of the same genre but when it comes to actual story and gameplay they differ a lot.
I would suggest to go for Single player GTA IV see if you like it. I found it enjoyable, and starts out at a slow pace, no where near Saint Row, and then builds up as you move along the main story line.

GTA V is supposed to be the "best game of the year" with sales breaking CoD's record with $200 million more copies sold. So yea, from what I hear it is mind blowing.

I however, feel like Ubisoft's Watch Dogs will have a lot more to bring to the table if they have done it correctly.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
cucubelu, post: 102218, member: 15378 Wrote:I however, feel like Ubisoft's Watch Dogs will have a lot more to bring to the table if they have done it correctly.
after seeing the first demo for this game, I was impressed. I like you, hope this game goes accordingly like they have shown
[Image: e1GzZ.gif]
Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs will come close to GTA V sales, but don't think they'll top it.
[Image: 34grqxg.png]
[Image: 168hp2u.png]

Watch Dogs seems to be a crazy good shit, it won't break GTA V's record but i think it will be better than GTA.
Yeah and Battlefield! It is better than CoD fo sho!!!
[Image: 1049012_101.png][Image: WANTED_1.jpg]
Mr. WanteD, post: 102364, member: 16790 Wrote:Yeah and Battlefield! It is better than CoD fo sho!!!

No, sir, no.
Hostage, post: 102365, member: 4929 Wrote:No, sir, no.
Yes sir! Big Grin
[Image: 1049012_101.png][Image: WANTED_1.jpg]