Survival Hard
6 24.00%
PvE (Player vs Environment, no PvP)
3 12.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft Suggestions
I have over 50 bukkit plugins running on my server at the moment. I would like a war-lords server and I would like a survival or anarchy. There the funnest in my opinion, but you can have mutiple worlds and have like creative survial pvp ect. I think it would be fun
[Image: BmigF.png]
Major bump of a dead thread. But hey, it's stickied so it's all a technicality. Anyways, here is how it begins. First you begin with giving permissions to your admins, moderators, and ops or "owners" of the server. Op's are not gods but instead a player in the server who has the capability of doing anything and everything so they need to be trustworthy people who you know personally. Because it is human nature to fuck someone over. Anyways here is the order of the plugins for beginning a minecraft server.

First: PermissionsBukkit - This plugin gives the server owner the capability of determining who is a mod, admin, user, or guest. However that is not the only thing it is limited to. Not only can you make many more groups to that but it is also the base component of all other plugins. It allows you to determine what permissions players have such as building or many other plugins along the way which I will be explaining.

Second: CommandBook - This basic plugin is the base of your abilities. It allows people to establish warps for their home as well as giving admins the capability of banning. Not only that but it allows time change, a motd, and rules to be establish. It also allows players to message one another through private chat. It has many more functions such as kits that all players some leeway as far as beginning in the game, as well as a list of who is online. Very helpful.

Third: WorldGuard - At the base of every great server there lay a plugin that allows or denies a users access to perform an action ranging from pressing a button to filling the world with lava. WorldGuard is a tool that consists of the components that creates order from chaos. It is used in a magnitude of contexts but check it out to see for yourself. http://cloud.github.com/downloads/sk89q/...f_rev2.pdf

Fourth: iConomy - The most advanced free economy plugin out there. Not only is it compatible with a magnitude of different plugins but it is a program in and of itself. It holds information of every player and there money that is held within a database upon your choosing and allows for a further in depth interaction with the server.

Fifth: ChestShop - Why have an economy if you don't have something people spend there hard earned cash with or to trade out items for money. With the chestshop it allows server owners and admins to create admin shops that allow the buying and selling of items in the game. A structured economy allows for fun game play.

When a server is produced with those basic components I will than proceed to inform of what plugins are to come next to expand upon greatness in the making. However with these five plugins a server could run at maximum capacity with little to no lag. It also allows for players that do not have premium to initiate themselves in a white listing process by way of the owners permission, in short allowing people who don't own the game access to the server if applied to a list after careful selection by a support staff member. Any player abusing this trust if caught were to be banned from the server.

EDIT: Also, the fact that even thinking of making a server creative is just a waste of time. I have been on a magnitude of servers but the more prominent ones have earned well over $10,000 dollars with little to no effort being simple survival servers. I don't believe I can make as much however these servers I had been accustomed to were truly despicable. The owners were rude and inconsiderate and the players alike. You guys have the hospitality, don't let FPS be your brick wall. Jump over it, walk around it, break through it just get out there and explore.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
Leaky still keeps this stuff around?! The wL MC server has been dead for like, months. v_v
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

James`, post: 74644, member: 15260 Wrote:Major bump of a dead thread. But hey, it's stickied so it's all a technicality. Anyways, here is how it begins. First you begin with giving permissions to your admins, moderators, and ops or "owners" of the server. Op's are not gods but instead a player in the server who has the capability of doing anything and everything so they need to be trustworthy people who you know personally. Because it is human nature to fuck someone over. Anyways here is the order of the plugins for beginning a minecraft server.

First: PermissionsBukkit - This plugin gives the server owner the capability of determining who is a mod, admin, user, or guest. However that is not the only thing it is limited to. Not only can you make many more groups to that but it is also the base component of all other plugins. It allows you to determine what permissions players have such as building or many other plugins along the way which I will be explaining.

Second: CommandBook - This basic plugin is the base of your abilities. It allows people to establish warps for their home as well as giving admins the capability of banning. Not only that but it allows time change, a motd, and rules to be establish. It also allows players to message one another through private chat. It has many more functions such as kits that all players some leeway as far as beginning in the game, as well as a list of who is online. Very helpful.

Third: WorldGuard - At the base of every great server there lay a plugin that allows or denies a users access to perform an action ranging from pressing a button to filling the world with lava. WorldGuard is a tool that consists of the components that creates order from chaos. It is used in a magnitude of contexts but check it out to see for yourself. http://cloud.github.com/downloads/sk89q/...f_rev2.pdf

Fourth: iConomy - The most advanced free economy plugin out there. Not only is it compatible with a magnitude of different plugins but it is a program in and of itself. It holds information of every player and there money that is held within a database upon your choosing and allows for a further in depth interaction with the server.

Fifth: ChestShop - Why have an economy if you don't have something people spend there hard earned cash with or to trade out items for money. With the chestshop it allows server owners and admins to create admin shops that allow the buying and selling of items in the game. A structured economy allows for fun game play.

When a server is produced with those basic components I will than proceed to inform of what plugins are to come next to expand upon greatness in the making. However with these five plugins a server could run at maximum capacity with little to no lag. It also allows for players that do not have premium to initiate themselves in a white listing process by way of the owners permission, in short allowing people who don't own the game access to the server if applied to a list after careful selection by a support staff member. Any player abusing this trust if caught were to be banned from the server.

EDIT: Also, the fact that even thinking of making a server creative is just a waste of time. I have been on a magnitude of servers but the more prominent ones have earned well over $10,000 dollars with little to no effort being simple survival servers. I don't believe I can make as much however these servers I had been accustomed to were truly despicable. The owners were rude and inconsiderate and the players alike. You guys have the hospitality, don't let FPS be your brick wall. Jump over it, walk around it, break through it just get out there and explore.

There is also a few extra plugins that are nice.

1. World edit/ Wand. This command allows the people with the permissions to use it, it helps build large things very fast on delete inappropriate things really fast.

2. There is the /vanish command, that helps administrators to, vanish to see who is griefing and who isn't.

3. The Voxel / pixel brush, allows for very fast building as well.

4. There is a tp request command that is very useful, because instead of just tp and the person is there is asks the other person if they can come.

Not as in detail as the others due to the fact that i don;t know the names. Can't wait for either, applications or, the actual server Big Grin
And here is and explanatory video for all you noobs.

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3rhYLe4Q-IU[/video]
Gonffs, post: 74658, member: 11307 Wrote:There is also a few extra plugins that are nice.

1. World edit/ Wand. This command allows the people with the permissions to use it, it helps build large things very fast on delete inappropriate things really fast.

2. There is the /vanish command, that helps administrators to, vanish to see who is griefing and who isn't.

3. The Voxel / pixel brush, allows for very fast building as well.

4. There is a tp request command that is very useful, because instead of just tp and the person is there is asks the other person if they can come.

Not as in detail as the others due to the fact that i don;t know the names. Can't wait for either, applications or, the actual server Big Grin
And here is and explanatory video for all you noobs.

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=3rhYLe4Q-IU[/video]

As I said once those 5 basic plugins were in place I would explain in more detail plugins that would assist more so in the expansion of the server. World Edit is a very effective tool but at a cost. It produces lag in large amounts and requires a very reliable server host due to the fact that your server may not be able to handle it. In small amounts World Edit is an amazing thing but it large chunks it may crash the server. The most interesting key feature of World Edit is the rollback feature that allows admins to rollback a chunk or multiple chunks to degrief areas. As for 2 and 3 I personally feel no need to use these. With the 5 basic plugins you have no need to vanish due to the actions of every player being logged in a database as well as in the world itself. Easily allowing admins and ops to view who has and has not griefed. The tp request command is in the CommandBook and requires players permission for people to teleport to them.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
James`, post: 74670, member: 15260 Wrote:As I said once those 5 basic plugins were in place I would explain in more detail plugins that would assist more so in the expansion of the server. World Edit is a very effective tool but at a cost. It produces lag in large amounts and requires a very reliable server host due to the fact that your server may not be able to handle it. In small amounts World Edit is an amazing thing but it large chunks it may crash the server. The most interesting key feature of World Edit is the rollback feature that allows admins to rollback a chunk or multiple chunks to degrief areas. As for 2 and 3 I personally feel no need to use these. With the 5 basic plugins you have no need to vanish due to the actions of every player being logged in a database as well as in the world itself. Easily allowing admins and ops to view who has and has not griefed. The tp request command is in the CommandBook and requires players permission for people to teleport to them.
I will agree with you but if the server progresses to a full time server, I know those would help Big Grin
I'd like to take this time to say:

Tekkit > Vanilla
I want the server back Sad
[Image: Photo%20collage-climate%20scenarios-glob...k=rcowMNf5]