Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woke up to this email this morning...
We just increased your Internet speed from up to 50 Mbps to up to 100 Mbps - that's double the speed. Everyone in your home can be online at the same time on all of your devices, so you can game, download and stream, faster than ever.
We're giving you this Ultimate Internet speed increase at no extra charge and before anyone else because we know how important it is for our valued customers to have the fastest Internet possible.
Thank you for choosing Oceanic TWC.

Ohhhh yeaaaaaa....
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
http://www.speedtest.net/
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
but does the upload still cap out at 2 or 5 mb/s they really have to get better upload speeds its pathetic

ps i hate you i still cant get past 2.8mb/s download with these assholes
I know that we have never really met before
But, tell me, does this rag smell like chloroform?

Let me buy you a drink, how 'bout a roofie, gin and tonic?
Roor, post: 103938, member: 17324 Wrote:but does the upload still cap out at 2 or 5 mb/s they really have to get better upload speeds its pathetic

ps i hate you i still cant get past 2.8mb/s download with these assholes

The only reason you need more than 5mb upload speeds would be if you were allowing downloads from your PC or if you were running a server. This is the main reason that they cap your upload speeds. They would want you to get one of their business packages.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
JayCat, post: 103940, member: 2104 Wrote:The only reason you need more than 5mb upload speeds would be if you were allowing downloads from your PC or if you were running a server. This is the main reason that they cap your upload speeds. They would want you to get one of their business packages.
you are right but it is rare to actually reach the speeds they say you will get besides with verizon fios who is actually out preforming there advertised speeds my upload never once surpassed 100 kb/s and for what i do it's way too slow. this is the worst isp i ever had and cant change it this is the speeds when its running at its best

You have Fios and only getting 100kbs upload? :eek:
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
JayCat, post: 103943, member: 2104 Wrote:You have Fios and only getting 100kbs upload? :eek:
nope i wish but fios is not offered here in hawaii verizon bailed long time ago and sold all land lines and stuff to hawaiian telcom only the wireless cell service left. have oceanic twc.

Nice! Big Grin This cafe I play at needs some faster internet, people stream movies and gg, I'm lagging like no tike no tomorrow with 400 ping. :/
I am getting 89-95 down (reality down 8.9mb-10mb sec) and I am actually getting 10 mb up (1 mbit upload speed reality).

Loooooving it. I know I was the first in Hawaii to get the 50mbit, the very first day they added it (before they started the announcements) the technician said he could give me the line while he was installing the hardware, and now this... these guys are awesome! Smile
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Dang man, nice. How much are you paying a month?