Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sniper restriction / ping check [RESOLVED]
Hi, I'd like to request a change in the weapon restriction system used on the 24/7 office server.
I find auto snipers really annoying and lame, and I think they should be restricted the same way AWPs are.
I'm not saying they should be completely restricted to zero, but at least limit them together with AWPs. What do you think?

Also, why there is no ping check on the server? It's really unfair that some people join with crazy pings (230/300+ ms), they lag, warp around, and it's really hard to kill them. I'm always trying to keep my ping low, and if I'm lagging I leave straight away, because I think it's not fair to other players. I see lots of people can't keep a low ping, so yeah, a limit of 150-200 ms would be awesome. But if their ping is higher than that, I believe they should be kicked.

Let me know what you think.
[Image: 1202011_101.png]
Not everyone with high ping teleport, so it would be unfair if they get kicked.
I think st0nne is right, and for me 230/300+ ms still can be tolerated as long as they do team objectives .. unless u have 400+ ms, then you'll be given until 5 warnings till u get kicked, I think its alr enough though
What about the weapon restriction?
[Image: 1202011_101.png]
They are limited actually to only 1 per team. Even when Awps are 2 per team.
About ping issue there are plugins already that kick people but if someone with low ping is teleporting then notify the admins.
Manky™, post: 104495, member: 15413 Wrote:They are limited actually to only 1 per team. Even when Awps are 2 per team.
About ping issue there are plugins already that kick people but if someone with low ping is teleporting then notify the admins.
I think he means that auto snipers should be limited to 14 or more player like the awp.
IBM PALM @ 1.9MHz, 16-bit
16KB RAM
204KB storage via QIC magnetic tape
Keyboard input
Ping restrictions already exist. They are auto kicked above 500.
As for lower than that, I have seen people with 50 that warp more than 250+, and these people are often given warnings and a kick when failed to fix their issues that causes problems to other players. Sometimes even a 6 hour bans have been issued to these people to ensure that they do what they can to fix their issues. Some of which are redirected to our forums if they can't find the problem and fix it themselves.

As for Auto it has the same function restriction as an AWP and is restricted when less than 14 players are playing, and above that only one auto per team is currently allowed. If two players in the same team have an auto at the end of the round one of their auto's will be automatically removed by the server, same happens with the AWP (Note: AWP has a top limit of 2 per team on a max server, 1 when less than 20 and less than 14 it goes down to 0)
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
At the least, I like the idea of autos having the "14 player" restriction too.
– Gᴏᴅᴢɪʟʟᴀ.

[Image: latest?cb=20130801185436][Image: 325786_101.png]
I don't think its true whatsoever. At times when there is less than 12 players, I see auto snipers giving others a barrage of death and dishonorability. (not a word I know.) So I'm with Godzilla on this one, especially Office ASIA 24/7 when that dang thing cuts loose on 5 players rushing a hallway or through smoke. If you think it doesn't work, I'll give you a screenshot myself when I get time where auto snipers can be bought with less than '10' players.
Sako, post: 104502, member: 15289 Wrote:I don't think its true whatsoever. At times when there is less than 12 players, I see auto snipers giving others a barrage of death and dishonorability. (not a word I know.) So I'm with Godzilla on this one, especially Office ASIA 24/7 when that dang thing cuts loose on 5 players rushing a hallway or through smoke. If you think it doesn't work, I'll give you a screenshot myself when I get time where auto snipers can be bought with less than '10' players.
This just another p90 flame thread in my eyes... its a weapon in a game, meant to be used. It is already restricted. Do you want to have a lollipop for every time you die from it? I honestly don't see any more restrictions necessary, yes we hate getting killed by it, but it is only one mongoloid on the other team that is capable of having this gun on them.

Let us restrict all weapons we find offensive like p90, auto and para! (yes para people run and hold down the button and get epic kills).
*runs off the thread looking at double rainbows everywhere.*
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator