Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys. Been getting the BSoD lately. It started like last week. I don't think it's a temp problem, since I ran stress tests on it. I usually get the BSoD after around 20-30 minutes straight of CS:S and even just 10 minutes of playing Heroes of Newerth. i keep getting a sisgb6.sys error and dxgmm1.sys . I read other forums and they said to update my sis ethernet driver. i downloaded the latest, ran it, but the version stayed the same. :3 Uninstalled my display drivers, ran driver sweep, reinstalled, nothing.

Here's my specs:
Mobo: Asus P5sD2-VM
Processor: Pentium D 2.80 ghz (yes, it sucks)
Ram: 2x 2gb Apacer
Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
Display: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT

I haven't had a BSoD since when I booted up CS:S last week. Since then, I'd get a BSoD every time I game. :3
I also ran the driver verifier as I read on Windows 7 forums. I'll attach my minidump file.

Help please! Big Grin

Attached Files

.zip   050211-44803-01.zip (Size: 21.05 KB / Downloads: 0)
This has only happened since you bought CS:S on steam, right?
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
Well, about 3-4 days after. I don't think steam would be the cause of it. Would it?
If reinstalling driver did not solved the issue, try updating/installing/reinstalling directx.
or try installing this update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974431

btw, you can try also to rollback the driver of your ethernet card.start with the cd drivers of ur mobo.. ;D
[Image: 11bkoc6.png]
[Image: 2uiga3d.jpg]
[Image: bar.jpg]
Thanks for the link! Downloading now. I'll test for crashes using driver verifier and while playing soon.

I have uninstalled the driver and allowed windows to install it automatically. I popped in the cd of my motherboard, but when I run it's "all-in-one" driver interface, it says "This version does not support your operating system!" Should I try running it on compatibility mode or something?

EDIT: It says I already have this update. :3 My directx is already up to date too. How exactly do I reinstall directx?
Ow!I guess the cd that came with your mobo supports windows xp only.

What version of DirectX installed in your pc right now?Btw, even if your not going to play a game, does it still end up having bsod?
Cause sometimes if uninstalling/reinstalling drivers won't help, that would be a faulty hardware (ur 9500gt perhaps).

Try to uninstall VC driver and remove your 9500gt and use the onboard graphics..check if you will still have bsod.
Directx11. Yeah, I left my computer idle for about 5 hours. When I came back, there was a BSoD. What's a VC driver? i have my old 8500 gt laying around. I guess I could test that instead.
VC = Video Card..hehe.. Yeah if you have a spare VC much better..

Try to install this also..
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...8a3ba730ba

Btw, you can also troubleshoot by starting you pc in safe mode and check if you will still have bsod..if you do then your vc will be the main culprit there..if not, then it should be a driver issue..
I'll get it soon. I left my computer idle in safe mode last night. I didn't get any BSoD's. How else can I test if my video card is causing the BSoD?
Then i think it should be a driver issue..Get your 9500gt driver at nvidia site and also install the june2010 sdk directX..then 2nd option is to install the 8500gt..

If it still giving you bsod, then last option is to fresh install OS and install everything again..(hoping that its not a faulty vc or mobo).