Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China Replaces US This Year
Sometimes size DOES matter. China may pass the US and become the world’s most important economy this year, according to the World Bank. It would take the position the US has held since 1872.

Previous studies have suggested China could become the world's biggest economy by 2019.

Ever since the 2008 financial crisis, the Chinese economy has contributed a quarter of total global growth. Between 2011-2014, China’s economy will account for 24 percent, according to IMF estimates.

In comparison the US economy will only show an increase of 7.6 percent over the same period.

The predictions are hard to calculate as the latest estimates are based on purchasing power parity. The index attempts to assess the size of an economy based on the assumption that prices of non-tradable goods and services are a lot lower in poorer countries, says the Financial Times (FT).

The evaluation process of the service may differ, as a haircut in China may cost much less than in the US, however its quality may differ as well.

The same problem touches upon the quality of tangible goods. A DVD player bought in China may be way cheaper than a US one, however there is no warranty that it will last longer than several months. Besides US goods are sold with far more consumer protection laws, which through more scrutiny and inspection, delivers a better product.
Source
I think it became afterall.. This year for sure!
Merica.
China's fear is it will destabilize economy market by pushing up the yen, which will be bad for the world and current outsourcing :p
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
its ok. were still the most powerful country on earth..... and got the most powerful military on the planet. every fight is our fight. we dont get to sit one out.
wait what? i heard that from sonewhere? either way its a fact Big Grin
KuYa: I have automatically added you on my buddy list.
Riser: fuck off
KuYa: lmfao
China is part of the good guys now... shiiieet son! Drinks all around!
cucubelu, post: 110273, member: 15378 Wrote:China is part of the good guys now... shiiieet son! Drinks all around!

I highly doubt that especially with what they just said a day or 2 days ago about us americans
KuYa: I have automatically added you on my buddy list.
Riser: fuck off
KuYa: lmfao
KuYa, post: 110276, member: 17183 Wrote:I highly doubt that especially with what they just said a day or 2 days ago about us americans
Saying is one thing, doing is another. China and US can not go to war with each other because how invested both are in the other country. Doing so will be ensuring their own mutual destruction. That is why China has been leaning more on Western side as of lately. Just look at the "leaked" documents about how to handle North Korea :p
cucubelu, post: 110286, member: 15378 Wrote:Saying is one thing, doing is another. China and US can not go to war with each other because how invested both are in the other country. Doing so will be ensuring their own mutual destruction. That is why China has been leaning more on Western side as of lately. Just look at the "leaked" documents about how to handle North Korea :p
Well, they also support Russia... Remember veto on Resolution in Syria? Yup. They are sketchy fuckers.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]