Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Neutraility
Thoughts?

Time Warner and Comast are coming to a fast close on getting what they want in slowing down the internet as well as merging together. Which in turn is almost creating a monopoly that will affect start-ups like the one I work for. It can literally make companies go out of business due to the price change in the service we provide via the internet. Everyone needs to go to this site and contact you senator! This will affect all online gaming and websites you use on a daily basis.. FTG (Fuck the government ) and the FCC!

http://avc.com/
Even if restrictions were to be made on the internet in the US, it will be for a short period of time. Japan, and Europe are already installing their TB lines, and google is supporting that project, it would backfire too much in the end to actually work. I am sure Google will enter the market to offer broadband if it comes down to it in the end to balance out the market, but I honestly don't think it will come that even if it was to pass. We will probably see it in the supreme court in 5 years being against the constitution Smile
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
I would hope so because this is kind of ridiculous for it even being on the agenda.. Just another way for big corporations to make more money.
FCC approves plan to consider paid priority on Internet

When it comes to net neutrality, either the FCC thinks we’re idiots, or it just doesn’t care

[B]Web host gives FCC a 28.8Kbps slow lane in net neutrality protest[/B]

^Some interesting articles on the topic. The last one is just lols.
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End