Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users joining server with 200+ ping
I usually play on the 24/7 cs_crackhouse DM server, and all the time tons of 200+ ping users join. They appear to usually be from SE Asia or Russia. It messes up gameplay significantly, as the latency between attacks means that I can be hidden behind something for a noticeable amount of time, and then the other user's shot then registers and kills me. It can make it incredibly difficult to shoot some of them as well, as their hitboxes don't actually follow their player model calculated by the prediction algorithms between server and client. I've seen a number of players with 300 ping, and even someone with over 500ms playing before! I usually play in the server most nights as Commander McAwesome.

Basically, I'm asking if you guys can just boot people automatically with 200+ pings? I believe there are either some settings within Source, if not 3rd party plugins that can achieve this. Thanks for your consideration!
This have been mentioned many times.

http://war-lords.net/threads/how-you-can...ost-111746

Warlord is an international server and we don't have a ping limit on our servers. We don't plan to put a ping limit on our server due to that reason. However, there is a lag plugin, there usually 5 warning before a kick. If they don't get kick type @need admin..lagger on server etc... and an admin will respond.
[Image: 76561198017067818.png]
Majority of war-lords population is of foreign player's who can't buy css & play game's in there region[Such as vietnam]. A Ping limit would kill the server's.

Also, id like to state that, if your hiding behind something for a considerable amount of time, and then you die, it mostly means they saw a bit of you or someone is ghosting your position, as ping will only affect you about 1-2 seconds after whatever your doing.
[Image: 0iLGJVx.jpg]
honestly, foreign players are the reason the servers havent completely died... just get used to it.
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
(Jul 17 2014, 08:02 AM)chbrules Wrote: I usually play on the 24/7 cs_crackhouse DM server, and all the time tons of 200+ ping users join. They appear to usually be from SE Asia or Russia. It messes up gameplay significantly, as the latency between attacks means that I can be hidden behind something for a noticeable amount of time, and then the other user's shot then registers and kills me. It can make it incredibly difficult to shoot some of them as well, as their hitboxes don't actually follow their player model calculated by the prediction algorithms between server and client. I've seen a number of players with 300 ping, and even someone with over 500ms playing before! I usually play in the server most nights as Commander McAwesome.

Basically, I'm asking if you guys can just boot people automatically with 200+ pings? I believe there are either some settings within Source, if not 3rd party plugins that can achieve this. Thanks for your consideration!

Commander McAwesome don't blame others with high ping, if your are good than you are...period.
Is to the high "pingger" disadvantage as they will be lag like hell.
cheers!
continued to enjoy your gamein crackhouse. Smile