Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remmah's Great Escape (Course map)
Hi guys,

Been mapping for no particular reason since Worldcraft days on good old GoldSrc, got my Half-Life 2 Mods for Dummies handy and have a fair amount of experience with Hammer and tools in the software developers kit, just usually lacking the motivation to finish something (due to the fair amount of frustration with how broken all the tools are).

Currently working on a minigames course map

The plot

Everybody starts as a prisoner in a prison transport spaceship, for some reason the ship malfunctions and an explosion in the side of the ship rips it open and everybody is sucked out into a wormhole.

Upon passing through this wormhole everybody lands on some unknown planet with a unified purpose of escaping.

So far everything I have described I have already created, from the spaceship to the wormhole to the first level which is fairly simple to complete and move on to the next level. I haven't really provided any pictures because I don't want to spoil too much or in case motivation falls through and I don't complete the map.

I want ideas for stages and obstacles within this escape course map. I have spent many many hours just working on the introduction and initial level, its quite draining especially when you are often trying to solve errors that have absolutely no logical reason for occurring so I don't want to dedicate too much time to thinking about what to create and rather just create it.

[Image: 9780470096314.jpg]