Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbanned  unban appeal
name: ..
steam id: STEAM_0:1:95932391
server: css 24/7 crackhouse deathmatch

i got banned today for a day/1440 minutes with the reason "violation of objective/playing friendlies" on the css 24/7 crackhouse deathmatch server. i have never heard of this rule before and it is not mentioned in the motd either. i was banned without any warnings and would appreciate it if the ban is getting lifted.
"Ignoring game objectives (e.g., not trying to win or friendly zombies)."

I presume you know what friendly zombies are. It's just an example for the main rule which was ignoring objectives.

Anyway, I don't know if the banning admin issued a warning or not so just let him post his feedback here and we'll see where that goes.
no, there was no warning whatsoever. just check the logs if you don't believe me.
Pretty simple for me. This is a copy / paste from Splice's Ban Appeal. I edited where needed to apply it to the other half of the of the Dynamic Duo here......

As the banning Admin, let me explain a couple of things here.

1. You were observed playing friendlies (Playing in cooperation with someone on the other team). You two were hold the roof of the building next to CT spawn together. YOU (a CT) would come look over the edge of the roof, and flick your flashlight at other CT's headed toward the ladder leading to the roof, thereby informing him (a T) that someone was coming that he could then peek over the edge and kill. That I have to explain to you that this type of cooperation between opposing team members give undue and unfair advantage to people and is unacceptable, really makes me wonder about whether you are trolling or not here. "Ignoring game objectives (i.e. friendly zombies)" IS in the MOTD.

2. The MOTD is your warning. Deciding to cooperate at this level is blatant and takes some type of communication and/or planning. This is why I decided not to give any further warning. You knew what you were doing was wrong. It could also be viewed as Stat Padding. You and your buddy both got a day off for this.

As far as the Crackhouse DM server being an "anything goes" server, the fact that rules are listed in the MOTD show this to be an incorrect assumption. You damn well know better. CT kills T, T kills CT. Pretty damn simple.
[Image: 552360_101.png]
You did break one of the rules, out MOTD doesn't say that "The MOTD is your warning". I must have forgotten to put that in when we updated the site.

Masterful didn't do anything wrong, it was my bad for omitting that note that the MOTD is the warning.

I hope you do know now, that being a friendly enemy is against the rules and I suggest you go through the MOTD once again just to familirize yourself with the other rules. Remember the rules are very general.

As for your ban, it's been around 6 hours.. enough for a punishment. I've gone ahead and lifted both of them.