• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headshot-Only mode on Deathmatch?
(Mar 22 2016, 01:21 PM)kyonpyon Wrote:
(Mar 22 2016, 01:18 PM)Megafuse Wrote:
(Mar 22 2016, 01:08 AM)kyonpyon Wrote:
(Mar 21 2016, 08:47 PM)ryz Wrote:
(Mar 21 2016, 08:32 PM)Admin Wrote: get good Confused

1v1 me nerd

Gotta see this one! Also, I think that it would be fun as well. Controlled by admins or toggled by vote....

I was thinking more of a personal option kind of thing, where they can turn it off but you can leave the "headshot-only" option to yourself.

Like knife mode in Sniper server?

No, kind of a "guns" thing in deathmatch. Where you can choose if you are doing headshot-only or not, but they can still hit your body if they decided to turn the feature off.
smac give it to me
I think Bison and me did discuss at one stage about having a whole bunch of modes for deathmatch that you could vote for at the end of the map, but I guess it never eventuated Smile.

An individual choice seems like a better idea but it's something that would likely have to be coded by Bison as I cant seem to find a plugin that's user togglable, its either the whole server or nothing.
Yeah, it's nearly impossible to make the headshot mode toggled individually using the existing plugins. Because the headshot plugins are basically to restore players' HP to 100% within 0.5 second or so after getting hit. Only damage dealt over 100 can kill players. So it's every hard to achieve individual togglable headshot mode without touching the source code of the game. Only plugins can't make the damage giving by one player to the other be 0 while hitting the body and 100 while hitting the head.
[Image: Photo%20collage-climate%20scenarios-glob...k=rcowMNf5]
(Mar 22 2016, 09:09 PM)Admin Wrote: Yeah, it's nearly impossible to make the headshot mode toggled individually using the existing plugins. Because the headshot plugins are basically to restore players' HP to 100% within 0.5 second or so after getting hit. Only damage dealt over 100 can kill players. So it's every hard to achieve individual togglable headshot mode without touching the source code of the game. Only plugins can't make the damage giving by one player to the other be 0 while hitting the body and 100 while hitting the head.

Well then, you're the Admin. I'm sure you guys can figure out a way to do it by ''voting'' when the server restarts. More so, its even better if you can make another server out of this, calling it "HS-Only Deathmatch". But I'm 90% sure that making another server won't happen.
smac give it to me
(Mar 24 2016, 08:22 AM)Megafuse Wrote:
(Mar 22 2016, 09:09 PM)Admin Wrote: Yeah, it's nearly impossible to make the headshot mode toggled individually using the existing plugins. Because the headshot plugins are basically to restore players' HP to 100% within 0.5 second or so after getting hit. Only damage dealt over 100 can kill players. So it's every hard to achieve individual togglable headshot mode without touching the source code of the game. Only plugins can't make the damage giving by one player to the other be 0 while hitting the body and 100 while hitting the head.

Well then, you're the Admin. I'm sure you guys can figure out a way to do it by ''voting'' when the server restarts. More so, its even better if you can make another server out of this, calling it "HS-Only Deathmatch". But I'm 90% sure that making another server won't happen.

This is unlikely to happen unless majority of the dust2 dm regulars actually suggest it and approve of it.
(Mar 24 2016, 08:55 AM)Riser Wrote:
(Mar 24 2016, 08:22 AM)Megafuse Wrote:

This is unlikely to happen unless majority of the dust2 dm regulars actually suggest it and approve of it.
Hmm fair enough, it's probably not going to be implemented. You can close the thread now admin ! Big Grin
smac give it to me