Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminator's intro
Hello guys, I'm a scrub with only 80 hours spent into playing CS even though I own the game for 2 years. Dota had a place in my heart, but not anymore. I'm going to intro on my miserable gaming life and how the War-Lords server improved me. I'm a Singaporean who likes CS.

Back when I first bought the game and I played, the competitive mode for CS GO is much more relaxed and I had more fun there. Until they introduce the matchmaking system, where you will be ranked, finding a game is such a chore that I struggled to find a game even after an hour. Angry Due to my experience with community servers, I don't trust them. I decided to quit CS and go to Dota 2 after I got the beta key. Sad

I suck at Dota, despite having a good player (5k MMR) to guide me, because I can't put in more time due to school commitments and distractions. I never improve, in fact I do a lot of silly mistakes in the game. Then the Ranked Game update comes in and I got only 2.5k MMR. Dodgy The dark side of me started to rise, I only cared about one thing, that is to win. I was ruthless with my tactics and as a support, I created space for the others, but it all gone to waste. I was very angry that even my 5k friend has noted that I may not be suited to the game. After all, it is a game that requires a lot of commitment and a lot more to look out for in the game. It also causes quite a lot of harm as I once threw my mouse and cracked my screen in a fit of anger due to a mistake by myself. Big Grin

My relationship with friends who are also playing got soured due to they saying I am too serious. Confused And finally, 2 months ago, I quit Dota 2 once and for all though I still follow its E-Sports scene. It is a good game, but it was never balanced for the player aspect. My role of choice does not allow me to help out much if the other players of my league is feeding. (Eg. Me in silver league)

I kept playing other single player games, but sometimes I like the spirit of competition. So I jumped back into CS. Started playing competitive mode solo, and I was disappointed greatly with my first two match being a massive failure. Started to watch WarOwl's videos of aiming, buying and nades. Keep practicing with bots, and in casual until I have a rough idea of how to play. But I can never practice in casual, is either players die too quickly, or I got rushed down too quickly. I can't go back to competitive mode, I am deeply afraid to be in Silver 3-4 because I see the newly ranks are always at that level. Sad

Then, about a month ago, I found KiNS servers on gametracker because I was told that training on community server helps, which hosts 10 vs 10 competitive. Started playing there for a week then I join the War-Lords server due to the recommendation of a friend as he says that the people in the (Asia) server are DMGs. Since WarOwl said that you can only improve if you are playing against someone you are better. I decided to venture into the unknown and joins the server as an unranked. Idea

I find that I'm much more relaxed in this server, I find myself harder to get agitated as it doesn't matter the rank. I find it easier to focus on getting better instead of winning as I get to train up on eco-ing with Tec-9/5-7/p250. I also learn on sucking up when there is a booster in the opposing team. You can't just complain right? Since the players in the server are better than my league.

I play and I feed just like how I did in competitive, I just continue to play and try to get better. After one month of training, with me slightly improved as I was no longer the one at the bottom of the scoreboard, I go back to play competitive with two Nova 2 friends. I was able to get pretty decent results by taking down opponents and I got Silver Elite Master when I solo queued, much better than I thought I was. Then I got to Gold Nova 1 recently after tying up against a rank booster who got 46 kills on my team.

Though I am happy for my rank, but I still feel it is undeserved for some reason as I feel that since I got it with Nova 2 friends, it may not be my true rank. I have decided to come back and train up, and guess what? My skills dropped! I can smoke properly and having correct crosshair placement, but I keep dying because I can't take out the other player. I'll be honest with you that I rely a lot on headlining, I can never trust myself for 1 hit headshot and I don't spray at all, only burst which resulting me getting killed so often that my opponent is just about 1 tap away from death. Dodgy

I hereby thank War-Lords for setting up the servers so that high ranking guys can have fun without hurting their ranks and for scrubs like me to become less of a scrub. It is the only way for me to improve as I can never improve by playing with Silvers. When I'm better enough, I'll solo queue Gold Nova 1. I will continue to train up to be better.

So, those players that said I noob, you are right. I am a noob being a Gold Nova 1, at least I'm a noob willing to learn. Thanks to you guys keep killing me so that I've improved from Silver 3 to Nova 1. I'll be looking forward to get killed by you guys again Big Grin
...That was a long ass introduction lol. But welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay. Smile
Don't worry, I've been here since 2012 and still haven't made an introduction yet.
https://i.imgur.com/uq3AzDR.png