Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to CS:S PUG's after FOREVER
I haven't pugged in CS in years. Probably like, 10 or so...
Recently came across this community and am loving it so far! I'm familiar with the name for sure, from back in the day, but never got acquainted.
Everyone, for the most part, seems really cool, so I look forward to PUGs with you guys. Excuse my rust, I've mainly been playing Insurgency, CS:GO, and Smite, lol.

Just out of curiousity though, at what point can I actually leave a PUG? I left one last night after finishing the whole thing, and I had a ban this afternoon when I got off work, for having left without a sub. Do I have to wait for the map to change back to AIM? I got the unban, already, just curious, so I don't have it happen again. I don't plan on ragequitting or dipping early without a sub.
just dc when match is over.
[Image: mrpa43.png]
Hi, Saint, fun pugging with you... check this out, you might find it useful for this time or next time: https://war-lords.net/thread-15688.html
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
You can disconnect when the match is over. Open up the console and type disconnect if the server changes map too fast.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
(Jul 25 2016, 04:16 AM)Jesse_Watters Wrote: Hi, Saint, fun pugging with you... check this out, you might find it useful for this time or next time: https://war-lords.net/thread-15688.html
Yeah I checked that out. I already had gotten my unban when I got off work and starting playing instantly. I definitely like the feature, but I can see how it can be abused I guess. I was just curious at what point it actually considers me in the next pug. Either way it's not a big deal. It looks like it's generally active enough to get a sub.

Fun pugging with you too. Hopefully I'll be on sometime this week for some more.
Hey Shayne, welcome to the servers. To avoid getting banned in the pugs, you already know not to leave early (without subs in the que.) To make sure there are subs there should be players in the spec area if there are type .subs to see if they're currently in the que (in case you do need to leave early for some reason, it does happen.) if there are you can just leave, if there are no subs and you leave you have 180 seconds I believe to reconnect to avoid any bans. when a pug is over (16wins for either side, unless it goes into overtime, 15-15, there will be a tie breaker until the tie is broken.) but when it is over and it starts changing maps, just cancel out so you're not completely loaded into the next aim map. Now if it switches you to the aim map, and there are already 10 people in it including you, you're automatically committed to the next pug that comes along if there are no subs in the que. However if there are subs in there, you may just leave. Hope this helps for the future!
(Jul 27 2016, 08:29 PM)calisnipe Wrote: Hey Shayne, welcome to the servers. To avoid getting banned in the pugs, you already know not to leave early (without subs in the que.) To make sure there are subs there should be players in the spec area if there are type .subs to see if they're currently in the que (in case you do need to leave early for some reason, it does happen.) if there are you can just leave, if there are no subs and you leave you have 180 seconds I believe to reconnect to avoid any bans. when a pug is over (16wins for either side, unless it goes into overtime, 15-15, there will be a tie breaker until the tie is broken.) but when it is over and it starts changing maps, just cancel out so you're not completely loaded into the next aim map. Now if it switches you to the aim map, and there are already 10 people in it including you, you're automatically committed to the next pug that comes along if there are no subs in the que. However if there are subs in there, you may just leave. Hope this helps for the future!
Yeah, I'll just cancel the load to the next AIM map.

Definitely helps. Thanks!

Also - stop wrecking me in the PUGs
no problem, and meh, its a habit, very hard to break it so I'm afraid the last statement would be a no go XD