Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, so I pug a couple times a week in the css US servers and I've been thinking about donating recently.

The #1 reason I'm considering this is would it be possible to upgrade the servers from 66 tick to 100 instead of giving me the VIP package or whatever donating usually gives users?
If so, how much (in USD) would it take for someone to consider this. 

Lastly, are there any restrictions as to why it couldn't happen? I.E., relation between people in charge and physical servers themselves, current contracts of server maintenence., etc.

Information can be found here for those interested.
Thanks.
Shavers, out of curiosity what differences would be expected with this change, for I am unfamiliar with what would the outcome be.

Maybe there should be tiers of being a community donor. Some people may want to donate more than others. Not in the sense of getting a better rank, like being labeled "community donor +" but rather people may want to donate x amount because they can afford it and would like to put their spare cash towards the maintainence of some of the very last source pugs in existence

Idk much about tick rates but I really think that the reg is sometimes super fucking off that it is painful to play. It seems like the servers after the hosts were switched recently all became consistent with their performance (as in pug 2 was no longer the "shitty reg pug server") and that the host change made all servers equal, but I think the reg gets fucked from time to time to such a degree it is like in Die Hard when they had special magazines with blanks taped to their other magazines with real bullets.
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
The differences would make very different game play.
New people would become mediocre, mediocre players will kill more people, better players will be even better.

There's three tick rates for servers. 33, 66 and 100. The servers we play on today are 66 tick.
Think of the change as an increase of 33% performance. Let your imagination work that out.

I'm sure there's plenty of 66/100 comparison videos on youtube or something.
I've talked to Bison about this before. CSS isn't the same as CSGO. CSS is locked to 66tick and if we install plugins to force it to 100tick, it messes up the AK/Mp5 firing mechanism. It also increases the player movement speed if a player has higher FPS. The reg isn't going to be affected much, it'll just make it more random.
Since when did CSS have such a big compromise with 100 tick? Was there like a new update or release? Sorry if it's over zealous but back in the day on mIRC no one played on (away) invites when servers were sub 100-tick. Am I missing something from the last 8 years?

I'm very willing to donate to make the change purely out of interest.
Apple came along and screwed things up with their mac players.
well shit
(Aug 23 2016, 07:58 AM)shavers1g Wrote: Since when did CSS have such a big compromise with 100 tick? Was there like a new update or release? Sorry if it's over zealous but back in the day on mIRC no one played on (away) invites when servers were sub 100-tick. Am I missing something from the last 8 years?

I'm very willing to donate to make the change purely out of interest.

I just talked to Bison, he said 100tick doesn't bring any advantage in Source because the physics and graphics are hardcoded at 66tick.. it just uses up extra bandwidth.

Donations are important to us since we don't run ads anymore, so I'm sure Bison would be willing to set up a separate server anyway if you did donate.
Where did you see cssource servers are made to be 66 ticks? Because I've played in quite a few 100 tick servers that are pretty amazing. Hitting almost all the shots you'd normally miss in 66 tick servers. The option is there, although the feeling of need isn't for most communities.
i will donate to if the servers are upgraded to 100ticks.