Picks
5 45.45%
Submit Team Roster
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NA Tournament Poll
I am currently attempting and undertaking the effort to create a new NA tournament.  What I need from everyone is who is interested/how you want teams to be set up.  The tournament setup will most likely be a double elimination using brackets.  Given that the tournament will be in this format, group stages will be in double elimination and the final stage will be single elimination with a match for 3rd place.  If this post garners enough votes and interest, I will post another poll about seeding and other tournament variables that require input from the players.

After some thought, I have decided to make the group stage games bo3 and the final bo3, unless enough players request otherwise.

Another thing that needs attention is the possible prize pool.  I'm not too sure about how the prize pool was set up last time but if you players want a prize pool, we need to find out where the prize comes from and what it is.  If there isn't a prize pool then this tournament can just be for pride and bragging rights, which is by all means fine by me.

I would like this tournament to happen on the weekend of 10/20/17 to 10/22/17, which is from Friday to Saturday of next week.  I will close the poll and decide what team setup the tournament will have by 10/15/17 (Sunday).  If we are using registered teams, I will create another post where you can post your team, team name, and link to the teams steam group to confirm player rosters.  Teams must be registered by 10/18/17 (Wednesday).  If we are using picks, the "X" amount of the highest rws players will pick in the same order as the last tournaments, which is 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1.  "X" would be the amount of teams and the picking order ensures balanced teams.  I will create a post where players can post their rws and confirm that they want to play in the tournament.  That post will close by 10/17/17 (Tuesday) and picks will happen the next day.  I reserve the right to add or remove players, depending on the amount of players registered, to ensure that everyone gets a team.

Keep in mind that the standard rules from both warlords and past tournaments will be used.  The rules can be found from an older tournament post here.

The tournament will be in a registered team form.  I will create a new post where team captains can post their team name, team members, and a link to the team's steam group to confirm player rosters.  The post can be found here.
Seeding will be randomly generated, as to balance the initial games, which usually pits top seeds against the lowest seeds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Caillou's post:
   Ben-, QueenCrazy
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Oct 12 2017, 05:42 AM)Caillou Wrote: I am currently attempting and undertaking the effort to create a new NA tournament.  What I need from everyone is who is interested/how you want teams to be set up.  The tournament setup will most likely be a double elimination using brackets.  Given that the tournament will be in this format, group stages will be in double elimination and the final stage will be single elimination with a match for 3rd place.  If this post garners enough votes and interest, I will post another poll about seeding and other tournament variables that require input from the players.

i want teams to be picked by captins. captins can donate 20$ viapaypal to WL , and captins will pick their players via team via draft pics live.
(Oct 12 2017, 07:06 AM)KNIHT Wrote:
(Oct 12 2017, 05:42 AM)Caillou Wrote: I am currently attempting and undertaking the effort to create a new NA tournament.  What I need from everyone is who is interested/how you want teams to be set up.  The tournament setup will most likely be a double elimination using brackets.  Given that the tournament will be in this format, group stages will be in double elimination and the final stage will be single elimination with a match for 3rd place.  If this post garners enough votes and interest, I will post another poll about seeding and other tournament variables that require input from the players.

i want teams to be picked by captins. captins can donate 20$ viapaypal to WL , and captins will pick their players via team via draft pics live.

Make sure to vote in the poll as that will make it easier for me to sift through the responses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Caillou's post:
   Ben-
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thumbs Down
(Oct 12 2017, 07:06 AM)KNIHT Wrote:

Worst Captain Ever... Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmiLeY5Star's post:
   Caillou
make it submittable team roster or youre asking for disaster between people playing to participate and people playing to win

make it bo3 in group stages because every serious csConfused tournie is bo3, only way id go bo1 is if no prize pool

if enough people were willing to try to do a prize pool by donations, i'd be willing to put some $ in for the winning team, but not if im the only one =P