Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Wrongfully banned.
This may be the most appropriate time to finally overthrow bison, rightfully reclaim war-lords, and once and for all implement something that even somewhat resembles a democracy
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
It is made quite apparent by your responses in this forum why you were banned. Stop trying to antagonize Bison and you'll be fine. Go make fun of someone else and do yourself a favor. I'd be willing to shorten the ban but as of now it appears you deserve a timeout.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hamaerox's post:
   CaliSnipe, Crusader
(Jul 11 2018, 04:46 AM)Hamaerox Wrote: It is made quite apparent by your responses in this forum why you were banned. Stop trying to antagonize Bison and you'll be fine. Go make fun of someone else and do yourself a favor. I'd be willing to shorten the ban but as of now it appears you deserve a timeout.

Antagonizing maybe, but I never made fun of Bison.  Just calling it like I see it, which is that the view of Bison many have here as some type of impartial anime goddess is bullshit.  He's a human like all the rest of us who has biases and flaws, and all the evidence I've accumulated through my interactions with him suggests he's always been biased against me for reasons that are completely opaque to me.  The very first time I ever added Bison on steam and messaged hi was to report a player who was griefing me, repeatedly team flashing and dinking me.  Bison was in the server at the time and was on the same team and he did nothing about it.  Later I tried to report a server bug to him and he just acted like I was some 16 yo kid bitching because I didn't get in the pug fast enough.  I could care less about that, I just wanted to 1) learn how the sub system works, and 2) report what seemed to me like a bug.  These are just two examples, dating back to the very first time I ever PMed bison about anything in my first months on these servers, where Bison has basically assumed the worst of me and was indifferent to me being abused/griefed.  How is this not solid evidence of a bias?

And yet, when I'm in a pug that is a total troll match, where the admin in the server encourages everyone to troll, if I act like a troll I get a 1 month ban out of nowhere?  The reason for the ban was "repeated griefing" despite the fact that I wasn't griefing and that I have no previous bans on record for griefing.  There was the one 14 day ban for trolling, but that was removed after 1 day and Drago admitted to me in PM that he didn't think it was justified and just did it to get Swamp to stop messaging him and posting on forums.

It just seems so disproportional to me.  I'm also confused, Hamaerox, about the logic of your post above.  Nothing in the rules says you can receive a server ban for activity on the forums.  Yes, I made a troll ban appeal post, and most of my posts in this thread have been trolly, but I've outlined above why.  I never expected to be unbanned or to have the ban reduced, I was just letting out a little frustration and hoping that someone here would get a little laugh out of my post in the process.  But compare my post to Eddie's (44ina) recent ban appeal post.  That kid is antagonizing and making fun of everyone in the thread.  All i've done is make a couple puns and offer to give Bison head (offer still stands, I give nasty throat).
Let me also say that I know I can be kind of annoying sometimes. I *do* talk too much in game, and that can get on peoples nerves when they're trying to concentrate and play, but I play this game and come back to these servers, not just for the gaming experience, but for the social experience. Despite all the trolls, assholes, and dumbass Trump supporters that populate these servers, there's also a lot of cool/fun people who I like talking to and playing this game with, and that's a big reason that I keep coming back.

If Bison has some backlog of people complaining about me, saying I'm annoying and my talking and infrequent trolling really bothers them and ruins their playing experience on wL, then yeah maybe I deserve this ban. But if that's the case then present the evidence and I'll stfu
(Jul 11 2018, 02:07 PM)woKe Wrote: Let me also say that I know I can be kind of annoying sometimes.  I *do* talk too much in game, and that can get on peoples nerves when they're trying to concentrate and play, but I play this game and come back to these servers, not just for the gaming experience, but for the social experience.  Despite all the trolls, assholes, and dumbass Trump supporters that populate these servers, there's also a lot of cool/fun people who I like talking to and playing this game with, and that's a big reason that I keep coming back.

If Bison has some backlog of people complaining about me, saying I'm annoying and my talking and infrequent trolling really bothers them and ruins their playing experience on wL, then yeah maybe I deserve this ban. But if that's the case then present the evidence and I'll stfu

where is the backlog of people complaining about ME bus?
(Jul 11 2018, 03:23 PM)rookoo Wrote:
(Jul 11 2018, 02:07 PM)woKe Wrote: Let me also say that I know I can be kind of annoying sometimes.  I *do* talk too much in game, and that can get on peoples nerves when they're trying to concentrate and play, but I play this game and come back to these servers, not just for the gaming experience, but for the social experience.  Despite all the trolls, assholes, and dumbass Trump supporters that populate these servers, there's also a lot of cool/fun people who I like talking to and playing this game with, and that's a big reason that I keep coming back.

where is the backlog of people complaining about ME bus?

Man, I made entry 1-1000 in *that* log
[-] The following 1 user Likes woKe's post:
   rookoo
(Jul 11 2018, 01:58 PM)woKe Wrote:
(Jul 11 2018, 04:46 AM)Hamaerox Wrote: It is made quite apparent by your responses in this forum why you were banned. Stop trying to antagonize Bison and you'll be fine. Go make fun of someone else and do yourself a favor. I'd be willing to shorten the ban but as of now it appears you deserve a timeout.

Antagonizing maybe, but I never made fun of Bison.  Just calling it like I see it, which is that the view of Bison many have here as some type of impartial anime goddess is bullshit.  He's a human like all the rest of us who has biases and flaws, and all the evidence I've accumulated through my interactions with him suggests he's always been biased against me for reasons that are completely opaque to me.  The very first time I ever added Bison on steam and messaged hi was to report a player who was griefing me, repeatedly team flashing and dinking me.  Bison was in the server at the time and was on the same team and he did nothing about it.  Later I tried to report a server bug to him and he just acted like I was some 16 yo kid bitching because I didn't get in the pug fast enough.  I could care less about that, I just wanted to 1) learn how the sub system works, and 2) report what seemed to me like a bug.  These are just two examples, dating back to the very first time I ever PMed bison about anything in my first months on these servers, where Bison has basically assumed the worst of me and was indifferent to me being abused/griefed.  How is this not solid evidence of a bias?

And yet, when I'm in a pug that is a total troll match, where the admin in the server encourages everyone to troll, if I act like a troll I get a 1 month ban out of nowhere?  The reason for the ban was "repeated griefing" despite the fact that I wasn't griefing and that I have no previous bans on record for griefing.  There was the one 14 day ban for trolling, but that was removed after 1 day and Drago admitted to me in PM that he didn't think it was justified and just did it to get Swamp to stop messaging him and posting on forums.

It just seems so disproportional to me.  I'm also confused, Hamaerox, about the logic of your post above.  Nothing in the rules says you can receive a server ban for activity on the forums.  Yes, I made a troll ban appeal post, and most of my posts in this thread have been trolly, but I've outlined above why.  I never expected to be unbanned or to have the ban reduced, I was just letting out a little frustration and hoping that someone here would get a little laugh out of my post in the process.  But compare my post to Eddie's (44ina) recent ban appeal post.  That kid is antagonizing and making fun of everyone in the thread.  All i've done is make a couple puns and offer to give Bison head (offer still stands, I give nasty throat).

I get where you are coming from. I think people fail to realize just how much work Bison has put and continues to put into these servers despite getting nothing in return. Bison has made just about everything and kept it going all these years. Bison is indeed human and can have emotions like the rest of us so just keep that in mind. I would like to point out this community is not a dictatorship and each of us has our own responsibilities, Bison just happens to have the most Wink

With that being said, I think a month ban is a bit too long without really any recent priors. I shortened your ban to 14 days.

Hint: Try and stay out of Bisons way, I do (:
Also, If you send Bison a message with something important you will usually get a response. Something along the lines of "Hi" will tender no response.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hamaerox's post:
   johnnyboi212, SmiLeY5Star
Thanks Hamaerox!

And yes, nothing I said was meant to undermine all of the hard work Bison puts into this community for free. I really am amazed at all the server features he's been able to build and all the work he does to maintain this place. All I was looking for was fair treatment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes woKe's post:
   SmiLeY5Star