Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  I cant view demos anymore
Whenever I go to a demo to watch it I get an error saying: Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check your -game parameter of VCONFIG setting.

Where can I get this file and how do i record demos on War-Lords?
[Image: 171148_101.png]
DEAGLE > EVERYTHING
You want to learn how to record a demo?!
[Image: 20j1ild.png]
yeah ive never posted demos for a reason lol
DEAGLE > EVERYTHING
ohh il try to explain for you!! 1 - open console
record King_Viper hacks - (its just an example) and will start to record when you done with record just open console again and type stop
if you want to review the demo type demo ui or demoui i cant remember if is togheter or separete!!!!
[Image: 20j1ild.png]
thanks man
DEAGLE > EVERYTHING
i cant view them any help? the same msg comes up as him?
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
Loks Wrote:ohh il try to explain for you!! 1 - open console
record King_Viper hacks - (its just an example) and will start to record when you done with record just open console again and type stop
if you want to review the demo type demo ui or demoui i cant remember if is togheter or separete!!!!

The demo name can't have spaces in it. It should be      king_viper_hax

To play the demo, open console and type    playdemo king_viper_hax

King_Viper Wrote:Whenever I go to a demo to watch it I get an error saying: Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check your -game parameter of VCONFIG setting.

it could be that the new update has made it so you can't watch demos from previous patches. I'll have to look into this though.
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
xFerior Wrote:
Loks Wrote:ohh il try to explain for you!! 1 - open console

The demo name can't have spaces in it. It should be      king_viper_hax

To play the demo, open console and type    playdemo king_viper_hax

King_Viper Wrote:Whenever I go to a demo to watch it I get an error saying: Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check your -game parameter of VCONFIG setting.

it could be that the new update has made it so you can't watch demos from previous patches. I'll have to look into this though.
I had to back up some folders before and do a clean reinstall of CS about a week ago so maybe the installation got screwed up or something. I'm using the planetcss junkies version of CSS
DEAGLE > EVERYTHING
uhh you should probably switch to Setti nonsteam CS:S client Big Grin

http://war-lords.net/games/counter-stri ... x-nosteam/
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
I keep on getting the "gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in subdirectory hl2 check your in game parameter or VCONFIG setting" even with the Setti non steam  >Sad WTF?!
DEAGLE > EVERYTHING