Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Joker upgrade his computer!
Spiffywerks Wrote:His budget is less than $200.

For the money, the cards I listed are killer cards. I have Crossfire 6870s and it's better value than one 6970.

I agree.
whats a good slim vid card now a days?
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all." - General James N. Mattis

3/5 GET SOME!
DandyAndy Wrote:whats a good slim vid card now a days?

What’s your def of slim?

I know EVGA has a slim version of the GTX 570, it still holds (2) slots like a normal card, but its shortened down so it doesn’t take up so much space inside the case.
You can set RAM to run at different mhz in your BIOS (if you unlock the right things). So you can change it to run at DDR3-1333mhz (or even lower lol). With that processor you can OC it to 3ghz, and that should be enough to play BF3 on. Then when you want to upgrade the motherboard, you can push the RAM up and change the FBS on your processor to run at a higher speed (or the same, but you will still have to change your FSB if you speed up the RAM).

You can pick up 4gb of DDR3 Corsair RAM (Vengeance, very good) on newegg for $40
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820233141

Plus Rabbits 2 cards, that will run you just over $200 for a tidy upgrade.
If you read this, you suck.
on one of my new comps i got the slim case so it needs to be a slim line vid card... my XPS is all set but i figure if the wife is player her farmville crap i can be on one or the other Smile
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all." - General James N. Mattis

3/5 GET SOME!
Umma play it on ma laptop=) but you already know this=) go with ATI.