Do it!
5 26.32%
Don't do it!
14 73.68%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill losing team on round end
I, The Rival Wrote:I suggested this a while ago, and got torn apart by the awp huggers. I said that people should get the awp refunded at the beginning of the next round (or when the round finishes, now that you can't get killed when the round is finished), so that everyone has a fair chance of buying the awp the next round.

For some reason, people hated this idea. To this day, I still don't know why. Surely you want the same fair chance to buy the awp as everyone else? Lots of servers don't even have the awp enabled, so it's a blessing that we even have it. I enjoy using the awp from time to time, but I try and pass it off to someone else if I have had it a few rounds, because I know other people enjoy awping.

I think I also suggested implementing it so that you have to have a break round of buying the awp. So you can buy it three rounds in a row, but the 4th round you are unable to buy it, and then the round after that you are able to buy it again.

I think a lot of the time, people forget about the "team" aspect of the game. A lot of players are just out for their personal scores, rather than trying to complete the objective and be a team player. Makes me sad Sad
It's not that we're "awp-huggers", it's just the fact that we like to play the game, the way it was meant to be played, without any limitations.

If a person is able to kill & survive a round without dying with the AWP, I see no reason why that person should not be able to retain the AWP at the end of that round. If teammates wish to AWP, they must wait until that person dies because that person is basically being an effective player and winning rounds for the team.

It doesn't make sense to limit the AWP for a person who is skilled with the AWP. There are many people that come to this server to use the AWP... me being one of them.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Voted "yes", no comments, but I wish I could vote yes 3-4 times more=)
joker8baller Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I suggested this a while ago, and got torn apart by the awp huggers. I said that people should get the awp refunded at the beginning of the next round (or when the round finishes, now that you can't get killed when the round is finished), so that everyone has a fair chance of buying the awp the next round.

For some reason, people hated this idea. To this day, I still don't know why. Surely you want the same fair chance to buy the awp as everyone else? Lots of servers don't even have the awp enabled, so it's a blessing that we even have it. I enjoy using the awp from time to time, but I try and pass it off to someone else if I have had it a few rounds, because I know other people enjoy awping.

I think I also suggested implementing it so that you have to have a break round of buying the awp. So you can buy it three rounds in a row, but the 4th round you are unable to buy it, and then the round after that you are able to buy it again.

I think a lot of the time, people forget about the "team" aspect of the game. A lot of players are just out for their personal scores, rather than trying to complete the objective and be a team player. Makes me sad Sad
It's not that we're "awp-huggers", it's just the fact that we like to play the game, the way it was meant to be played, without any limitations.

If a person is able to kill & survive a round without dying with the AWP, I see no reason why that person should not be able to retain the AWP at the end of that round. If teammates wish to AWP, they must wait until that person dies because that person is basically being an effective player and winning rounds for the team.

It doesn't make sense to limit the AWP for a person who is skilled with the AWP. There are many people that come to this server to use the AWP... me being one of them.

Played without limitations? Like the limitation of one awp per team? Or the limitation of not dying when you get shot when the round ends? There are some limitations that you will abide by then, obviously.

I think your post reinforces my point. Not in a bad way, it's actually good that you posted this. I am glad because I couldn't remember who else was agreeing with me on a point I made a while ago. Please check my post in one of the threads in the admin section (I cant say which, but you'll know when you read it). I think you'll be agreeing with me in there Smile
If you read this, you suck.
I don't particularly like the limitation of one AWP, but it does serve it's purpose, without it we would be faced with a bunch of lesser skilled players wielding a one-shot weapon turning it into a giant sniper war. I can accept that.

While I believe a more "competitive" type server would be quite beneficial for play, I don't believe that "noobifying" the popular servers will do any good. They will merely continually be used by newer players while all of the "competitive" players would migrate to a smaller, less popular server.

Again, making the game easier to play by installing more limitations and plugins will not further serve to improve gameplay, but to make it worse. You're not helping newer players by making it easier, but hindering their current ability.

Like I stated in a past thread, the AWP isn't this magical kill-all, automatic winning weapon that steamrolls a team. It's proper teamwork, proper gameplay, and players working together that wins games. Having an experienced awper helps teach newer players the right strategy and tactics to take out such an awper. Not only that, but when a player is dominating the scoreboards, it's typically due to the AK or M4.

Edit: Another key factor is that good players recruit good players to play on these servers. In return these good players also keep newer players entranced especially if they want to improve their skills. They increase a server's popularity because others wish to chance their luck and improve against these better players. More limitations would severely limit the amount of good players that frequent these servers.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Should be on a person to person basis.  If the player is clearly not trying to do the objective and wasting everyone's time, warn then slay....Or just slay.
[Image: 76561197977275857.png]
[Image: 76561197984123363.png]
[Image: 15116_101.png]
As long as they sorta head in the generaal direction of doen the objective, then they shouldnt be slayed. If they are not even trying, then they should be slayed.
[Image: 2zecl8z.png]
Bah Wrote:As long as they sorta head in the generaal direction of doen the objective, then they shouldnt be slayed. If they are not even trying, then they should be slayed.

There should be no plugin for this then. It will be up to the admin's discretion, which may or may not be unfair. So no to this rule.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.