Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  banned for what?????????
hello, so I was at mini-games server and I didn't use cheats or something, I got banned for no reason. So, please help!!!!!!!!
name: [email protected]}{@K@PyIIIK@_RU36          or }{@K@P
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:2074876669
I was banned on Server #5 for unknown reason
You got banned by SMACK for violating ConVar sv_gravity Tongue
Why you cheated man?!?! Im really desapointed with you since we are friend :/
[Image: 20j1ild.png]
loks can you explain to me please what is that mean?  :'(
Im not sure man but i think you tried to mess up with your gravity so you can jump higher !
Loks Wrote:Im not sure man but i think you tried to mess up with your gravity so you can jump higher !

oh wait, I think I know how I was banned
before server #5, I went to a server #7 and in server #7 there is gravity for a zombie and a human, I have light human, so, maybe it transfered somehow to server #5 and banned me? I seriously don't know how to put gravity on and off.....
I dont know because i dont know if this is possible! You need to wait a root admin or xFerior to take a look in this! :/ sorry i cant help its not up to me!
hmmm ok, i'll wait for xFerior......... man, I really hate that console bans because it bans people for a stupid glitches in the game!!!!!!!!!
It's a feature where SMAC bans you based on client side cvars. It could be bugged out due to the scenario that you suggested, but I want to wait for a root admin to review it. I don't think you were cheating though, because this is a really irregular cheat.

It's more than likely that it was a bug, because I have read about this bug happening before when SMAC checks both client side and server side cvars to make sure that they are the same.

You need to remove your autoexec.cfg and config.cfg from your Counter Strike folder though (counter strike/cstrike/cfg) because it's more than likely that that is what is causing the bug. Either that or reinstall Counter Strike.

Once you have done that, I will see about unbanning you.

Please read this thread found here for a little more information on the possible scenario that you could have been in before being banned :

Quote:http://forum.tweakgaming.com/topic/5099 ... ned-again/

Another reason I am not banning you straight away is because if it is a bug, SMAC will just ban you again, because you will still have a cvar violation.
If you read this, you suck.
yes this one!!!!!!!!

now that is how it was:
the map was mg_sg_allinone_skill_v2, and somebody picked the map "iceskate" and i noticed that a gravity had changed, so when that map was done, another guy picked map "knife" and then I got banned by console

thank you, for trusting me and you know it is not my fault
In that case, you need to reinstall CS:S. Are you Steam or non Steam?

EDIT : If you think I am being cruel by not unbanning you straight away, it's more the fact that if I unban you and you try and go on the servers again, SMAC could just ban you again if your client side cvars are conflicting with the server side cvars again. That is why you need to either reinstall CS:S if you are on Steam, or replace your config files with default ones (I think I have the default ones that you can have).
If you read this, you suck.