Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No ruby or rails?
I see no ruby or ruby on rails stuff Sad I'm an aspiring ruby dev that is working on several projects and i was hoping there was a book here or something along those lines
unfortunately the programming board is ridiculously inactive, soo if you know any programmers Smile encourage them to post on here
Yeah goldfish... get this community popping Big Grin
I code in ruby, it's my current language of choice actually. I've done everything in it from native c extentions to heroku deployed cloud apps. Jruby is pretty cool too, you can leverage virtually any java library from ruby with it. Ruby is amazing, and its ability to play with other languages can make ruby apps blazing fast while increasing dev speed exponentially.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
naive Wrote:I code in ruby, it's my current language of choice actually. I've done everything in it from native c extentions to heroku deployed cloud apps. Jruby is pretty cool too, you can leverage virtually any java library from ruby with it. Ruby is amazing, and its ability to play with other languages can make ruby apps blazing fast while increasing dev speed exponentially.
when you say Cloud app do you know what the "cloud" is?
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
Yes... there are numerous types.

My preference for cloud based web apps is currently heroku hosting (ruby on amazon servers), sinatra, erb templating, and clouddb. I've also used googles app engine with pythong/bigtable, but I prefer ruby over python/java.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
Well i dont Really understand this "cloud"
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
Ill explain slightly more in your other thread.
naive Wrote:Ill explain slightly more in your other thread.

what other thread? this is the fucking programming board damnit talk about it here! (not that i need to know about it, i just want more people posting here)