Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrisy Curiosity
I, The Rival Wrote:
Schlacko Wrote:There's maphacks for starcraft and warcraft in that forum.  A maphack in those games is like a wallhack in CS.  The hypocrisy is that admins ban disruptive cheating *******s on the CS servers but enable people to be disruptive cheating *******s on other games.

It's because we hate Valve, so we don't care.

Blizzard > Valve.

Smile
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

I, The Rival Wrote:
Schlacko Wrote:There's maphacks for starcraft and warcraft in that forum.  A maphack in those games is like a wallhack in CS.  The hypocrisy is that admins ban disruptive cheating *******s on the CS servers but enable people to be disruptive cheating *******s on other games.

It's because we hate Blizzard, so we don't care.

Valve > Blizzard.

It isn't Blizzard that suffers due to the hacks, it's other players.

Naive said 'If the hacks pissed off every member of the starcraft community here I'm sure they would be gone from the forum yet this is the only objection to them I can recall.'

Do you think there is anyone here that plays CS:S, that also plays SC2 and wouldn't mind facing a maphacker in the ladder when they aren't also using maphack?
Not everyone supports the fact that there are hacks, cheats on here so don't make the assumption that they do.

The War-Lords community, from my understanding, was brought upon by programmers and developers who publish these tools since the beginning. They can supply whatever they want, it's the players fault that they will download these hacks and use them against other players, not the root admins. If you're going to download hacks to have fun against your friends in a private server or singleplayer go for it. But the minute you use them in a public server you should be banned.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
The problem with that though joker, Starcraft and Warcraft come with in-game cheats you can use in single player (things you type in the game to reveal map/gain resources/be invincible), and can enable in custom (not ladder) online games, to goof around with friends.

The only post for a SC2 hack says it has 'Warden Protection,' which I'm pretty sure means the anti-cheat technology existing on the public battle.net servers (similar to VAC).  That hack was not made to crush the computer or goof around with friends.  The programmer made it so it could be used against unsuspecting players online, and admins here allow/encourage it to be shared.
Schlacko Wrote:The problem with that though joker, Starcraft and Warcraft come with in-game cheats you can use in single player (things you type in the game to reveal map/gain resources/be invincible), and can enable in custom (not ladder) online games, to goof around with friends.

The only post for a SC2 hack says it has 'Warden Protection,' which I'm pretty sure means the anti-cheat technology existing on the public battle.net servers (similar to VAC).  That hack was not made to crush the computer or goof around with friends.  The programmer made it so it could be used against unsuspecting players online, and admins here allow/encourage it to be shared.
You can make whatever you want and spread whatever you want.

I still believe it's the user's fault for trying to disrupt the fun of others and represents low moral characters.

The community was built around programming various objects like this and I don't see it going anywhere.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
As stated by joker8baller, these downloads were here before War-Lords branched off to CS:S. It's a different part of War-Lords.
You can give a person a gun and expect him not to do you any harm, and if he does then there's nothing wrong with acting back against it. As such, the hacks are like guns, and they are not intended for use with CS:S war-lords servers. This is why hackers are punished.

It's not a hard concept, and it's not by any stretch of the definition "hypocrisy". They are intended for private purposes, and if they are abused it's not at the liability of the distributor. Hackers in war lords servers are punished for abusing hacks, but have the freedom to do so in their own servers or games.

There are purposes to hacks other than to abuse and gain an unfair advantage. An example of this would be you and a group of friends trying to improve your game by developing strategies, and understanding the game and other players to another degree.

Going back to the gun analogy, they are both made for what may be considered by some as harmful purposes, but they have other uses as well... and as you know, Americans love their guns.

Let me know if this explanation is too complicated for you, I'll try to dumb it down even further next time.  Wink