Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goldeneye : Source
I was thinking about some of the things I had seen a few years ago. One of them was Black Mesa : Source, the other was Goldeneye : Source. Black Mesa is currently still under development, but Goldeneye : Source has just come out of beta stage (it's now version 4.1).

I was playing it a bit earlier, and apart from the random crashes that my PC had (I don't know why, I had the same problem with TF2 for a while), it was actually a pretty tight conversion.

There are a few server of it at the moment, and it's completely free if you own another Source based game (CS:S, HL2Big GrinM,DoDConfused,HL2 etc). All it does is install a small Source SDK platform on your machine, then you can play the game Big Grin

I'd highly recommend checking it out, if you loved Goldeneye on the N64 :

http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source

I'm going to try and stop it from randomly crashing on my PC (it's a problem specific to my machine, no need for you guys to worry), then I am going to be playing this a little more Big Grin

I guess this is more of a recommendation than a Suggestion, but I was going to suggest maybe having a server for this? If not, then don't worry because I am sure there will be more servers for it soon Smile
If you read this, you suck.
I loved Goldeneye on N64, I'll look into getting a server up.

Edit: Seems pretty easy to get one up and running, in the process of doing it now Smile.
Matt Wrote:I loved Goldeneye on N64, I'll look into getting a server up.

Edit: Seems pretty easy to get one up and running, in the process of doing it now Smile.

Yeah man, give me a shout when you do, I can give it a little test if my PC stops random crashing. It's a graphics card related error, but I just underclocked my card so hopefully that should help a little.

I kinda had a feeling that you'd appreciate a bit of classic gaming Big Grin
this could be interesting...
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:this could be interesting...

It is interesting.

The developers said that it's going to be purely multiplayer, as the single player would take too long to make. But it looks pretty cool so far. You should check it out if you can Smile
I, The Rival Wrote:

It is interesting.

The developers said that it's going to be purely multiplayer, as the single player would take too long to make. But it looks pretty cool so far. You should check it out if you can Smile

yea, i have checked it..
when was the last time the developer of this game update this game?
if the developer still updating this game, we can play this game..

and one think i dont understand.. is this like some kind of addons to css?or what?
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:

It is interesting.

yea, i have checked it..

and one think i dont understand.. is this like some kind of addons to css?or what?

GE:S v4.1 came out Dec 2010, and they updated a couple of weeks ago. It's slowly building buzz I guess.

It's a Half Life 2 conversion. Pretty much all Source games use the same basic models and textures, just edited heavily (you can edit them yourself using Source SDK, with tools like Hammer).

So all you need is one game that has Source engine. Those games include Half Life 2 (or the episodes), Portal/Portal 2, Counter Strike : Source or Half Life 2 : Deathmatch (I think Team Fortress 2 counts as well actually). You download the GE:S exe, run that to extract and install the game specific files to your machine. You then run it, and it opens up Steam and downloads the necessary files to complete the game installation. After that, you have the game, and you can run it from Steam (it will be in the Library). Whenever they update, each updater can just be run independently, so there will be no need to uninstall whatever version you have, it just updates it.

You can check all news and changes, upcoming stuff on their website (linked in my first post). I think they will carry on developing this further and further, as people make maps for it etc. It's not been advertised by Valve or anything, but I think it's pretty big in the Source modding community :\

Either way, it's a really good mod, and it's for free also (well, if you don't have a game on Steam that has the Source engine on it, then you can buy Half Life 2 : Deathmatch for under $5).
I, The Rival Wrote:
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:

It is interesting.

yea, i have checked it..

GE:S v4.1 came out Dec 2010, and they updated a couple of weeks ago. It's slowly building buzz I guess.

It's a Half Life 2 conversion. Pretty much all Source games use the same basic models and textures, just edited heavily (you can edit them yourself using Source SDK, with tools like Hammer).

So all you need is one game that has Source engine. Those games include Half Life 2 (or the episodes), Portal/Portal 2, Counter Strike : Source or Half Life 2 : Deathmatch (I think Team Fortress 2 counts as well actually). You download the GE:S exe, run that to extract and install the game specific files to your machine. You then run it, and it opens up Steam and downloads the necessary files to complete the game installation. After that, you have the game, and you can run it from Steam (it will be in the Library). Whenever they update, each updater can just be run independently, so there will be no need to uninstall whatever version you have, it just updates it.

You can check all news and changes, upcoming stuff on their website (linked in my first post). I think they will carry on developing this further and further, as people make maps for it etc. It's not been advertised by Valve or anything, but I think it's pretty big in the Source modding community :\

Either way, it's a really good mod, and it's for free also (well, if you don't have a game on Steam that has the Source engine on it, then you can buy Half Life 2 : Deathmatch for under $5).

ah i see..
basically its a new game thats using the same engine with the one that css is using...
Well technically its a remake of an old game using a newer game engine from several other games.

But yeah. New game.
lol, quick reply as always...
does wl plan to make a new server for this game?