Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw this news thing once, where they tested a guys brake time reactions on weed and on booze (on different days, obviously). He was way better on weed, and he was a lot more alert and cautious.

Saying that, you shouldn't operate heavy machinery when you're under the influence of either, so it's really a moot point. You're prone to doing stupid things when you're on both alcohol and THC, but you're less likely to get off the couch and beat the shit out of your wife when you've had one too many bongs.
If you read this, you suck.
Hi spartan,

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:His fact 3 is very true...and there has never been a studies to prove that marijuana smokers that driver while high are more likely to get into accidents. Way more people die from drinking and driving, Over does on Pharmaceutical drugs, or die from smoking cigarets.
First of all, studies aren't necessary to recognize that smoking marijuana would increase the probability of an accident (if the smoker was to drive, or operate heavy machinary, etc.). It's only logical that the effects (listed here http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/mari.html) would have a negative influence on an individual's capacity to do potentially dangerous things safely.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Way more people die from drinking and driving, Over does on Pharmaceutical drugs, or die from smoking cigarets.
While I do believe that cannabis is much better for you than alcohol or nicotine-based cigarettes, the potential harmfulness of pharmaceutical drugs certainly varies with each particular type of pharmaceutical drug (and virtually all of these drugs have a positive medical effect on a person's health). In addition, these drugs (pharmaceutical drugs, nicotine, and alcohol) are all much more commonly used than cannabis, so your point is considerably misleading.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:no studies have found that marijuana has any LASTING affect on the Brain!!
That's not true, there have been studies which have concluded that there are lasting effects, but likewise there have also been studies which contradicted those findings. There are scientists on both sides of that debate, but I tend to believe that cannabis addiction can occur (albeit mainly psychologically rather than biologically) and that it can increase the likelihood of (or exacerbate pre-existing symptoms of) schizophrenia and depression.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:the government has studies that they DON'T release b/c it doesn't coincide whit what they try to force everyone into believing
That's just an unsubstantiated assumption (you don't have any proof). Believe it or not, governments are not usually out to get us, but actually exist to help make life easier for us.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:we are not just having a convo whit a 13 year old.... its on a public forum so its talking to everyone that want to read.
It's true that we are on a public forum, but it's dysfunctional and strange for a 13 year old to be advocating the use of marijuana to adults.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Marijuana Prohibition is just a waste of Federal tax dollars.
Although many people agree with you, there are also many people who disagree.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:So why waste the money on enforcing LAWS THAT Almost every AMERICAN HATES!!!
That's an exaggeration, and there are obviously plenty of people who do want these laws. That's probably why they still exist.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:We could give the money to schools and better educate kids to drive out economy
It seems as though many Americans believe that the banning of marijuana is a more urgent priority.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:I still think that Marijuana is a safer "drug" of choice then any other drug...(Alcohol, caffine, pharmaceutical drugs and they are legal)...people get addicted to all other substances..
Although marijuana is less addictive than those others (yes, it is both psychologically addictive and (mildly)biologically addictive), it is quite a lot more harmful than the usual amounts of caffeine found in coffee and tea.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:THC the active chemical in MJ is non-adictive!
According to the website link you posted, cannabis is biologically addictive in high doses, but only with a mild effect. Moreover, it certainly has the potential to be psychologically addictive.

Also, I agree with Rival.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
5-8 years ago I've heard different, that they grow it on milk, highly concentrated tea, blood... Not sure which one is true, or maybe all 3. I also know we have a lot of jokes about "Afghanka" (Afghan hash), mostly about OD. I personally tried that kind of weed(strong enough to call it so) only two times, remember both times, was it just a ponics?

And yes, this thread was started by 13 y.o.
let me just say this...i was a bit drunk when i said most of the things is the last post, but...

your right we don't need studies to see that logical it seems true, but i know that i drive around stoned all the time i have never been pulled over or gotten a ticket. Are other ppl as skilled as i am..hell no. but yes i do agree most ppl should not drive high.

As for the Pharmy drugs..yes alot of them do help alot of ppl...but so does medical marijuana. There is a long list of illnesses that marijuana helps ppl to cope with being sick. Should everyone smoke weed FUCK no. the less the better..more for me...haha

This is an article that i found that talks about effects on the brain. It even talks about the study your talking about how it "could cause schizophrenia"..It also talks about a few other studies that contradict that.
http://www.alternet.org/drugs/151776/de ... al_illness

Your right but i just don't see why the Fed are trying to take away are Constitutional rights as a State to Govern our self's...if we want Medical Marijuana then why are they blocking us?

ok so a 13 year old started...im sure his reasons to use Marijuana is not the same as mine, still marijuana should be used as a medication for adults.

Would you say that about prohibition of Alcohol..that was a waste of money..how is Pot Prohib any different from that?

I would rather Marijuana Be Medically Legal, and have the money being wasted on enforcing laws that are unconstitutional go to other places,but your right they think its more urgent b/c the Politicians get money from the industry that would lose money form the legalization of medical marijuana.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
Obviously don't use weed that you buy off some street dealer as medicine, that's pretty stupid. If it's properly grown by botanists and experts, the medical benefits far outweigh anything manufactured in labs with chemicals.
I, The Rival Wrote:I saw this news thing once, where they tested a guys brake time reactions on weed and on booze (on different days, obviously). He was way better on weed, and he was a lot more alert and cautious.

Saying that, you shouldn't operate heavy machinery when you're under the influence of either, so it's really a moot point. You're prone to doing ****** things when you're on both alcohol and THC, but you're less likely to get off the couch and beat the shit out of your wife when you've had one too many bongs.
if they make Weed  illegal.They should regulate it like Alcohol.
and at frist i thought all you guys were going to be like "Your only 13 you dont know anything"

Thanks guys for your input!
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
your only 13 you don't know anything.
There are two different kinds of people who smoke Weed:

People who like the feeling.

People who can't function without the feeling.

Unfortunately, most people start with the first reason, and then end up with the second overtime.

I personally do not like the drug. While pretty much every single life friend I have currently still indulges in the activity. I am a firm believer in letting people make their own choice of whether or not to do petty things like smoke Weed.

If people weren’t dumb, the government would not have to regulate drugs and alcohol like they do. Unfortunately... this is not the case.

Also dreams... you should check your " facts " as most are not facts... Just opinions of yours, or someone elses that you copied from the internet.
Rabbit Wrote:There are two different kinds of people who smoke Weed:

People who like the feeling.

People who can't function without the feeling.

Unfortunately, most people start with the first reason, and then end up with the second overtime.

That's true of almost any activity on the planet though, ie shopaholics, people who wank all the time, comfort eaters. If you associate a certain action with happiness, then often you become addicted to that action. The release of endorphins is the addictive part.

I smoke weed because I enjoy the effects of it. I've been smoking weed since I was about 14 (22 now) and I don't see any adverse effects. I function normally on a day to day basis, I can go without it for weeks (which I have often done).

I also smoke cigarettes as well. Let me tell you, smoking a cigarette only feels good because you need a cigarette. There is no other reason that people smoke. People say it relaxes them, and that's because they're agitated in the first place because they haven't had a cigarette. It's a full circle of addiction. Personally, if they can legalise cigarettes, they should have legalised marijuana a long time ago. Prohibition of marijuana has only been around in the US since the early 1930s anyway (since that fucking drug czar Harry J Anslinger launched a huge propaganda campaign against it).
Hmmm, which is why I put most.

I'm basing my opinions off personal experiences with about 40 or so friends that I have seen smoke weed. A few are like you... others ... most... are like I described.

Smile