Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first EDIT! =)
I'm ready to get some criticise by people.
It's shit but hey its my first edit.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvxY_JJjDjQ[/youtube]
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
it'd be better if it were faster IMO. But you only had hostage's demo to play with so I guess you can't do much.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus Wrote:it'd be better if it were faster IMO. But you only had hostage's demo to play with so I guess you can't do much.
nah I have tons of demo but I used host_framerate 300 and then sped up using with Sony Vegas velocity. Shits a failure.
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
Try making it switch between fast, normal, and slow.  Like that scene in 300 (the 'crazy horse' rig they called it in the commentary), where it alters speeds and zoom, while Leonidas rips up some Perians... badass scene...badass movie.
Schlacko Wrote:Try making it switch between fast, normal, and slow.  Like that scene in 300 (the 'crazy horse' rig they called it in the commentary), where it alters speeds and zoom, while Leonidas rips up some Perians... badass scene...badass movie.
The problem is like I've stated, I used host_framerate 300 and recorded it.
I thought I can speed it up with Sony Vegas velocity. I tried making it to look like normal speed at 300% velocity but it's still slow.
So...you were recording it at 300fps? Wait, you don't use Fraps to record the footage? Do you use that "startmovie" shit or something?
If you read this, you suck.
I, The Rival Wrote:So...you were recording it at 300fps? Wait, you don't use Fraps to record the footage? Do you use that "startmovie" shit or something?
I use fraps
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUpsXOIUwv0[/youtube]
So how many frames per second are you recording with Fraps? Like, I don't really understand your process of capturing the footage, maybe you can explain to me what you do?
I, The Rival Wrote:So how many frames per second are you recording with Fraps? Like, I don't really understand your process of capturing the footage, maybe you can explain to me what you do?
If you have tried host_framerate it actually slows down the video.
FenKeN Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:So how many frames per second are you recording with Fraps? Like, I don't really understand your process of capturing the footage, maybe you can explain to me what you do?
If you have tried host_framerate it actually slows down the video.

Right, but that's only a side effect of what it's actually doing.

Host_framerate forces an FPS on STV demos, because it's meant to be used with the "startmovie" command. Typing "startmovie [title]" will start compiling each frame into a .tga file, at whatever FPS has been set by host_framerate. You then go to cstrike and compile all the .tga files together with something like VirtualDub, so that it puts all the .tga files (which are pictures of every single frame) into a video.

The idea behind "host_framerate" is that you set it to a steady FPS (one that you can maintain throughout the entire video, for example 60) and then use "startmovie" to make it into .tga files. This is to make sure that it will be in sync with the audio that's taken (in .wav format in your cstrike folder) whilst doing "startmovie".

You're either meant to use one method or the other. If you want to use slow motion and you're using Fraps and recording, you want to force Fraps to record at 60fps, lock that framerate, and then record. If the demo maintains +60fps whilst being recorded by Fraps, you'll have a good demo that you can slow down to 50% of the speed and you'll be running it at 30fps. You can try locking your framerate higher, but if your fps drops lower than that in the demo, then you're going to have a shitty skip in the .avi file.

It's not that great to mix and match these 2 different ways of getting footage from STV demos, just remember that.