Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Kick without warning
So I've just been kicked from the Popular Maps server without any warning. The map had just started and we hadn't even finished the warm up round... I tried to reconnect immediately but the server was full so I couldn't get back in (it's still full as I write this actually).
I kicked you without any warnings because you nominated assault and joined T, which was ok, I thought it's fine, we will suffer this map for ct to make keger enjoy stacking Terrorists, and next map will be better, but no it's not enough for keger. Keger needs to nominate compound map in the warm upĀ  round for assault so he can stack T there. I kicked you just to clear off your nomination, because other players nominated dust2, cbble, train. In the mean time when you contacted me on steam and said that you can't join, I said I can kick some spectators to let you join, but you said: "No, I'm busy writing admin abuse", so bad you didn't include this in your thread.

STEAM CHAT WITH KEGER:
Quote:keger: dude now I can't reconnect because the server is full
keger: great
keger: fuck you
ruplayer: I wanted to clear your nomination
ruplayer: you're very dumb by nominating this
ruplayer: only fun for half of the people, and you joining sided half
ruplayer: If you would like to join I can kick some of spectators
keger: I'm too busy writing an admin abuse post
ruplayer: ok
ruplayer: link me to it
ruplayer: when done
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
ruplayer Wrote:I kicked you without any warnings because you nominated assault and joined T, which was ok, I thought it's fine, we will suffer this map for ct to make keger enjoy stacking Terrorists,
First, I was T because I was the first one on the server and I autojoined as I always do. I couldn't switch to CT during warm up round without reconnecting, and because the server was full I thought I'd wait until I respawn on the first round. Any wL regular will tell you I am CT on assault at least 99% of the time (the other 1% being because for some reason it's sometimes CT-stacked) and I'm sure the stats will also agree with me.
Second, if you wanted me CT you could've switched me the same way I've been switched dozens of times by admins when the teams are stacked.
Third, I don't even see how this has anything to do with me being kicked.

ruplayer Wrote:I kicked you just to clear off your nomination, because other players nominated dust2, cbble, train.
Oh great, so now we can't even nominate maps we like ? I've been kicked for nominating a map, really ?

ruplayer Wrote:In the mean time when you contacted me on steam
It wasn't "in the mean time", it was AFTER I was kicked. Like I said: I didn't have any warning and when I was kicked I didn't even know why. I could've at least been asked to change my nomination if that was the issue.
Nothing to do with thread but

I kick people all the time without warnings if they piss me off. MOTD is your warning. If you break the rules out of ignorance, ill warn you. If you do it on purpose to fuck with the players on the server you are outta here.
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
Wait... he was kicked because you didn't like the map he nominated?..
[Image: bloodlustheronormalfist.png][Image: 339672_10.png][Image: 6fgpoub.gif]
[Image: decreasedbisonpostyay.png]
Bloodlust Hero Wrote:Wait... he was kicked because you didn't like the map he nominated?..
Yes I "abused" admin because he bined rtv and we played maps server killers every other round(compound/assault), clear now?
Bloodlust Hero Wrote:Wait... he was kicked because you didn't like the map he nominated?..
Yes.

pTK Wrote:I kick people all the time without warnings if they piss me off. MOTD is your warning. If you break the rules out of ignorance, ill warn you. If you do it on purpose to fuck with the players on the server you are outta here.
I understand this, and I wouldn't have complained if I had done something wrong, but I didn't see any rule in the MOTD about nominating certain maps being prohibited.

ruplayer Wrote:Yes I "abused" admin because he bined rtv
I don't rtv very often (maybe once in ten or fifteen maps) and I hadn't when you kicked me. My only two binds are "kill" and "say hi." so no, I haven't binded rtv.

ruplayer Wrote:we played maps server killers every other round(compound/assault), clear now?
The fact you don't like assault doesn't mean nobody does. I certainly do. If it really was killing the server then how come I still couldn't reconnect 5 minutes after you kicked me because the server was still full (and still on assault)?

I actually have a couple of screenshots to prove you wrong:
- first, I have more than 25 days of playing time on the wL servers and I've never, ever seen a map get so close to being extended with that many people on the server:
[Image: csassault0003e.th.jpg]
- second... well, it's pretty self-explanatory:
[Image: deseason0005.th.jpg]

Anyway, this wasn't the first time I've been kicked for no good reason and at some point it gets really irritating so I just wanted people to know. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matter: this is the straw that broke the camel's back and I won't be playing on the wL public servers anymore.
Whenever you join it, you start from !nominate cs_assault/compound, look at your chat logs.

If you expect to see something after your abuse thread over being kicked, nothing will happen. I did this because I felt like it's better for the server at that time. It's not because it's just me not liking it, I hate contra, but I never changed it, because people like it.
Quote:Jan 18, 2012 6:38:06 pm !nominate cs_compound (wL) Popular Maps :: WAR-LORDS.NET
Jan 18, 2012 6:16:19 pm !nominate cs_assault (wL) Popular Maps :: WAR-LORDS.NET

You didn't gain anything here, but you lost a friend, because I thought we are friends. You could talk to me on steam about it instead of saying "I'm busy writing abuse thread." this is how friends handle it.

Nomination system will be changed and we wont be dealing with this issue again. Good Luck.
Im not picking a side but the 1st pic it shows that it got only 33% of the 15 people that voted...that does not seem like that much to me...or is 1/3 alot now?

the 2nd pic could be explained by saying that cs_assault was at the top where everyone just spams 2 on the vote.

im not a fan of that map or Aztec and i dont ever play them.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:the 2nd pic could be explained by saying that cs_assault was at the top where everyone just spams 2 on the vote.
That doesn't make any sense: if people just spam 2 on the vote, then how come office got only 40% of the votes on the first pic? "Extend map" is always the LAST OPTION in the menu.

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Im not picking a side but the 1st pic it shows that it got only 33% of the 15 people that voted...that does not seem like that much to me...or is 1/3 alot now?
So what? On the same pic office only received 40% of the votes, which I don't think can be considered "a lot", yet it was chosen as the next map. That's just how the voting system works. My point is that I've never seen any map being one vote away from being extended - usually the "extend map" option isn't even in the top 3.

ruplayer Wrote:Whenever you join it, you start from !nominate cs_assault/compound, look at your chat logs.
I just did. I have 116 connects in the past two weeks, and I've nominated assault 6 times (which, by my calculations, isn't "whenever I join" but barely 5% of the time).
I've also nominated compound just as many times as I've nominated havana, port, contra or russka. Maybe you should check the chat logs again?

And I still don't see what is the problem with nominating a map. I thought the nominating system was in place to let people choose the maps they like, which is exactly what I have been doing. If you don't like the map, you're free to nominate another one and to pick another option when the vote comes up. Manually altering the voting process is admin abuse, kicking someone while doing so is going way too far.

ruplayer Wrote:If you expect to see something after your abuse thread over being kicked, nothing will happen.
I don't expect anything. Like I said, I'm done playing on the wL public servers - I just wanted people to know the kind of abuse that regularly happens on the servers but that is small enough not to get reported.

Want another example? Because I have many.
It was on de_dust, I was Terrorist. We rushed A with the bomb, killing a few CTs on the way. We arrived at A, the bombsite looked clear and the bomb was being planted so me and another T went towards B to help some of our teammates under fire over there. But a CT was hiding in the A bombsite and killed the bomber soon after the bomb was planted - me and my teammate rushed back towards A but we arrived too late and the bomb was defused. We both got slayed by ruplayer because "we didn't cover the bomb".