Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Megaupload Dangerious secrets, reasons why Torrent wasn' closed down, etc.
Assassin Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:what does he mean by the users who uploaded and downloaded stuff are in trouble, how about guests who downloaded from there?
im not sure though, but when he said that a premium account was in the back ground, and he said that they have your credit card information and that is how they can get to you guest and normal users i dont think they can track them and all the world is downloading pirated stuff they cant prison all the world i predict that a wave of protestors will rise soon.
yeah, i agree man! ;D
In my opinion, it's far more likely that they'll charge just the big fish (the people who were the most involved with the most piracy/copyright infringement), but that might not even happen. Also, uploading pirated files is seen as worse than downloading them.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
}{@K@P Wrote:what does he mean by the users who uploaded and downloaded stuff are in trouble, how about guests who downloaded from there?
What this means is that if you have a premium account($9.99 a month or something?) that they have all of your information(aka: credit card #, full name, address)so they can find you as easy as possible. Now, if you have only uploaded / downloaded things freely, then you yourself shouldn't have any concern, as you did not give any personal information to the website itself except an illegal download or just a replay(like you guys do for CS:S). The main lesson to be learned here is don't pay for illegal downloads on the internet otherwise they can find you

edit:

if you've used filesonic, you can't really anymore

http://gizmodo.com/5878287/filesonic-ju ... le-sharing
[Image: e1GzZ.gif]
henry Wrote:
What this means is that if you have a premium account($9.99 a month or something?) that they have all of your information(aka: credit card #, full name, address)so they can find you as easy as possible. Now, if you have only uploaded / downloaded things freely, then you yourself shouldn't have any concern, as you did not give any personal information to the website itself except an illegal download or just a replay(like you guys do for CS:S). The main lesson to be learned here is don't pay for illegal downloads on the internet otherwise they can find you

edit:

if you've used filesonic, you can't really anymore

http://gizmodo.com/5878287/filesonic-ju ... le-sharing
no, i never registered there, to download something, i just went as a guest
This guy is spreading a lot of conspiracy theory bullshit misinformation.

So, a few things I don't like about this video:

1. Very superficial, but I hate the way he talks. It's irritating. He's too happy about telling people they're getting sued.

2. He jumps to the conclusion that because they have your IP, you're going to get sued. This isn't necessarily true. Numerous media companies get IP's of users from watchdogs they pay to monitor torrents pirating new media. They collect the IPs and send out DMCA notices. Very rarely do they go out and sue people. Mostly because this requires getting a court to subpoena your ISP to cough up you're info.

3. In addition to #2, he makes it out as though suing the public would be economically viable. It isn't. Half the people they sue won't have the money to cover the cost of their attorney's, let alone infringement costs. It's also unlikely that the records contain actual backups of the files themselves, so there's virtually no way to prove that any file in a log actually contains copyrighted material with that information alone.

4. He makes the bittorrent protocol out to be something that is exclusively used to pirate. It isn't. While a lot of pirating is done via bittorent, it's actually a very effective method at cutting down on bandwidth costs.

5. He slants the execution of minors as execution of children. While I don't agree with the execution of minors, not all minors are children and those that do get the death penalty are usually no younger than 15 or 16. Still too young to be executed, but generally old enough to know not to commit a crime deserving of the death penalty in most circumstances.

6. He states the tourism industry in the US is dead. It's not. Just look at the following chart:
[Image: 800px-US_International_Arrivals_1997-2007_chart.png]

While tourism in the US has suffered since 9/11, it's been making it's way back.

Overall, he's just generally trying to scare people into views me thinks. That or he's got a severe case of paranoid delusions.

There is truth in that major corporations are in the back pockets of our political officials and that copyright law is now becoming a major cause of human rights violations in the world today. Some of the founding fathers would be ashamed of the state of copyright today. Some were not originally in favor of copyright law in the US at all because of the potential abuse of power via government sponsored monopoly.
[Image: stalker_2011.png]
Leo, appreciate the genuine points +1
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
You made me smile Leo. *Applause*
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
leo Wrote:Overall, he's just generally trying to scare people into views me thinks. That or he's got a severe case of paranoid delusions.
tbh i was abit surprised about what he said, he gave me about impression about the tourism in US, and US over all i mean do they really execute children? thats just unbelievable.
Assassin Wrote:
leo Wrote:Overall, he's just generally trying to scare people into views me thinks. That or he's got a severe case of paranoid delusions.
tbh i was abit surprised about what he said, he gave me about impression about the tourism in US, and US over all i mean do they really execute children? thats just unbelievable.

We try some minors as adults for particularly heinous crimes. I'm against it. If only we were this lax about minors having sex... (jailbait ftw! ;P).
[Image: stalker_2011.png]