Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any WL members hardcore NBA fans? Think Jeremy Lin fever is going to continue with Amare back in the lineup?? Will the Knicks go for six in a row tonight!?

For those who don't know who Jeremy Lin is, he was an unrecruited high school player who led his team to the state championships and a 30-1 season. He went to Harvard (where athletes don't receive scholarships) and was not given any offers elsewhere including Stanford which was across from his high school. He led them to their best record in school history and into a national ranking. He went undrafted in the NBA and was cut from two teams before he finally got his chance to shine with the New York Knicks this past week.

Oh, and lastly, he's Asian American. I believe you belittle what he's done by saying he's getting attention because of his race, kid has got skill and has been working hard all his life for this opportunity.

Since he has started, the Knicks, who everyone has given up on, have gone 5-0 without their two superstars Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire. In his four career starts he has scored 109 points, the most ANYONE in the NBA has scored in their first four starts.

For the lazy, here's a video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1rfhOgmbuIc[/youtube]
[Image: 88503_201.png]
[Image: 382_1002.png]
let's see what happens. He's played a few good games but you can't really tell if he's consistent.
Canister Wrote:let's see what happens. He's played a few good games but you can't really tell if he's consistent.
This.

Yes, he didn't get a lot of play time with the Rockets or the Warriors, so let's see how long he can last...
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Wow, this is getting a bit out of hand. He hits the game winner and goes for 27 and 11, but 8 turnovers, which is starting to be a bit of a concern. But still, is this real life??

This has been such a fun story for the NBA, especially because my Lakers are stinking up a storm.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks ... ks-raptors
[Image: 88503_201.png]
[Image: 382_1002.png]
6 games is pretty nice so far. i wonder if kobe shares more some players might step up
Helmut^ : Black dont act as if you don't wall
B L A C K D Y N A M I T E : lol record me
Helmut^ Confusedo you can pretend like you cant see people through walls? no thanks

*DEAD* Helmut : chun is such bullshit
*DEAD* Helmut : lmfao
*DEAD* Helmut : what a fucking joke

Helmut: you're so full of shit chun
ChuN*BWP*: then your bad dude...
Helmut: right kid
Wish it was more popular here Sad Need cable tv to watch good basketball.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
[youtube]CjPjF5uRPls[/youtube]

I just became a basketball fan.

Hope he stays grounded, humble and positive. Staying at the top of your game is harder than reaching it.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.