Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relatively new to CSS
Hey all,

Just looking for a few tips and pointers on gameplay for css.....im relatively new so i know most of the terms and stuff like that. Im just looking for pointers in general nothing specific. thanks! much appreciated!  Big Grin
bind buy weapons, so you won't have to go through the menu every time.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
http://counterstrikesourcetactics.blogs ... guide.html

^ Guide for binding.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

Learn how to bunny hop. You can YouTube it there are hundreds of vids
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
besides not being to able to take my eyes away from Spartacus' Sig.
Id ask, George of The Jungle and Silly for advise, may i suggest you start in the deathmatch server to get a feel for fast moving action, and train your reactions?
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
you are free to take my advise or not its up to you, im not the best player out there especially since yesterday i tired to play and i cant hit anything after not playing for a while so heres my advise:
1- Think and dont just rush without thinking this game isnt only about skills its also about brains and how to outsmart your enemy to get the kill.
2- Try to watch advanced players playing, you can check that in youtube to learn strategies.
3- Learn how to strafe shoot can find it in youtube and knowing the map also helps.
4- Always keep your crosshair at head level.
5- This is self preference but i like to use AK its the strongest weapon in the game however if you find it hard due to high recoil use M4 since it has lower recoil than the AK but try to get use AK often too, and playing in deathmatch can help you learn controlling recoil.
6- Dont spray, fire in bursts like 3 bullets for AK and 5 bullets in M4 in long and mid range.
7- DONT EVER TRY TO CHEAT. Those who do they always get caught and there is no chance for them to get back.

Good luck,
hope it helps.
First and foremost you need to identify which team is the "stacked" side on various maps. I'll tell you a few

De_Dust=Ct Side
De_Dust2=Neutral in some cases but most of the time T Side
Inferno= Ct Side
Aztec=Ct Side
Office=T Side
Italy=T Side
Militia=T Side
Prodigy=Ct Side
Assault=T Side

Use "free look" when you are dead to scan the map and see where to go during gameplay. You will notice alot of the time the stacked side will hold alot of campers due to the fact the bombsite or hostage room is farther away from spawn than on some maps. Thats why Dust2 is sometimes neutral. The bomb sites are not that far away from spawn compared to other maps.

You might be asking "why does it matter what team I choose?" Well my friend...when you play on a server for a few maps...you might notice the same players playing on the same side map in and map out. Its not by fluke. Without money you will be toting the glock bb gun and your opponent will have a awp. Thats because the stacked team has full money. The losing team has pistols. Following me here?

The next thing you should always do is crouch when you shoot when possible. I have my crouch button binded to the 'shift' key. This does two things. It improves accuracy. It also makes you a smaller target for the enemy.

Strafing left or right at while shooting at close range is ok as well. You will notice some strafe left and right from long range. Mostly with the ak. Its suppost to be the 'correct' way to use strafing. Small 2-3 bullet bursts. You must become a camper though. In other words you cant do that method wihtout standing in one place moving 2 steps either way. Thats a horrible way to learn the game. I'll explain below.

There are two types of players in FPS games. There are campers, and there are soldiers. Some people take their rank so seriously they resort to hiding in spawn, or hiding in a corner every round of every map. Most of the time with a sniper rifle. Now if your team is getting rolled and you want to camp behind a door 1 or 2 rounds before the team is slaughtered there is nothing wrong with that. You must learn the art of rushing though to be successful in FPS games. You must learn how to run full speed and stop on a dime. You will notice the same type of player that camps alot is also the same type of player that baits alot. I'll touch on that next. By learning how to go full bore you wont ever need to bait a team member to get a kill.

Baiting is very common in FPS games. Basically its when a camper is forced to leave his corner. He uses a team member as his shield and follows him into battle. The camper waits until his team member is engaged then he engages the enemy. Again not every player uses these tactics to succeed. Trust me now that you have been educated in playing styles, you WILL know when you see one of these type of players. My advice? Dont bait your team. Its a real cheezy way to get kills. If you really want to expose someone like this on your team. Look behind you when you start to run around. See who is following you. See if they will run in first or if they are waiting for you to go.

Use the smallest crosshair size you can see on screen. This varies for everyone depending on their video card and monitor. I tend to use yellow and Light blue.

Use headphones and listen for footsteps. Its ok to walk sometimes. I bind my 'walk' key to caps lock. You might have to use voice_enable 0 if people are going crazy on the mic so you can hear the in game sounds.

There are also some console commands that can improve registry. A few I use are below.

CL_Interp 0
Cl_Interp_Ratio 1
Cl_Smooth 0
Cl_Smoothtime 0

You can google exactly what they do if you need to know. They need to be entered every time you start cs.

Ive given you a tutorial on play styles. Not so much technical specifics. Understand you're dealing with a bunch of different players and a bunch of different play styles when you enter a server. Being able to run full speed and seeing the game faster than your opponent is big with online gaming. This applies to many different online games. Once you master that, you can work on changing your in game speed on the fly. Being able to go full bore or slow down to a walk depending on the situation will help you alot.
A member of the community responding to a crying troll when he gets his own medicine
silly Wrote:Actually (not that I'm agreeing with registry), you also rage at people who kill you too many times. I've seen that personally. I know most people rage sometimes, but your rage is quite  regularly expressed with what seems to be no regard for anyone else. In fact, I also saw you raging at one of the Sr admins.
Registry Wrote:First and foremost you need to identify which team is the "stacked" side on various maps. I'll tell you a few

De_Dust=Ct Side
De_Dust2=Neutral in some cases but most of the time T Side
Inferno= Ct Side
Aztec=Ct Side
Office=T Side
Italy=T Side
Militia=T Side
Prodigy=Ct Side
Assault=T Side

Use "free look" when you are dead to scan the map and see where to go during gameplay. You will notice alot of the time the stacked side will hold alot of campers due to the fact the bombsite or hostage room is farther away from spawn than on some maps. Thats why Dust2 is sometimes neutral. The bomb sites are not that far away from spawn compared to other maps.

You might be asking "why does it matter what team I choose?" Well my friend...when you play on a server for a few maps...you might notice the same players playing on the same side map in and map out. Its not by fluke. Without money you will be toting the glock bb gun and your opponent will have a awp. Thats because the stacked team has full money. The losing team has pistols. Following me here?

The next thing you should always do is crouch when you shoot when possible. I have my crouch button binded to the 'shift' key. This does two things. It improves accuracy. It also makes you a smaller target for the enemy.

Strafing left or right at while shooting at close range is ok as well. You will notice some strafe left and right from long range. Mostly with the ak. Its suppost to be the 'correct' way to use strafing. Small 2-3 bullet bursts. You must become a camper though. In other words you cant do that method wihtout standing in one place moving 2 steps either way. Thats a horrible way to learn the game. I'll explain below.

There are two types of players in FPS games. There are campers, and there are soldiers. Some people take their rank so seriously they resort to hiding in spawn, or hiding in a corner every round of every map. Most of the time with a sniper rifle. Now if your team is getting rolled and you want to camp behind a door 1 or 2 rounds before the team is slaughtered there is nothing wrong with that. You must learn the art of rushing though to be successful in FPS games. You must learn how to run full speed and stop on a dime. You will notice the same type of player that camps alot is also the same type of player that baits alot. I'll touch on that next. By learning how to go full bore you wont ever need to bait a team member to get a kill.

Baiting is very common in FPS games. Basically its when a camper is forced to leave his corner. He uses a team member as his shield and follows him into battle. The camper waits until his team member is engaged then he engages the enemy. Again not every player uses these tactics to succeed. Trust me now that you have been educated in playing styles, you WILL know when you see one of these type of players. My advice? Dont bait your team. Its a real cheezy way to get kills. If you really want to expose someone like this on your team. Look behind you when you start to run around. See who is following you. See if they will run in first or if they are waiting for you to go.

Use the smallest crosshair size you can see on screen. This varies for everyone depending on their video card and monitor. I tend to use yellow and Light blue.

There are also some console commands that can improve registry. A few I use are below.

CL_Interp 0
Cl_Interp_Ratio 1
Cl_Smooth 0
Cl_Smoothtime 0

You can google exactly what they do if you need to know. They need to be entered every time you start cs.

Ive given you a tutorial on play styles. Not so much technical specifics. Understand you're dealing with a bunch of different players and a bunch of different play styles when you enter a server. Being able to run full speed and seeing the game faster than your opponent is big with online gaming. This applies to many different online games. Once you master that, you can work on changing your in game speed.
Perfect advise actually, might i add, you will know who is a good awper and who isnt, a good awper, normally can rush and kill people point blank without much hassle(or camp at range and hit you 8 out of 10), the terrible awper will be the camper that one misses alot when you rush him, and two normally can't do anything but camp somewhere.
Watch out for people with P90s, if they're good, they'll noobstomp you, if they're bad you'll roast them, if they are extremely brilliant, they'll headshot you at range with the p90.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
General Josh Wrote:Perfect advice actually
Thx for the shot out Josh  Wink

p.s. I would also like to add that you can have a good rank by hiding in corners camping all night long and baiting your team. In a scrim setting though that type of player gets owned. Those type of players can only succeed in a pub.

Also...the BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME IS NOT THE AK. The best weapon by far is the (H&K G3/SG1 Sniper Rifle) Terrorist Auto Snipe. The only gun in the game that can clear out a whole team...literally.
A member of the community responding to a crying troll when he gets his own medicine
silly Wrote:Actually (not that I'm agreeing with registry), you also rage at people who kill you too many times. I've seen that personally. I know most people rage sometimes, but your rage is quite  regularly expressed with what seems to be no regard for anyone else. In fact, I also saw you raging at one of the Sr admins.
another "rule" is don't teamstack, when I started to play css, nobody told me about teamstacking, then they said that they will ban me if I teamstack again, I just observed what other players were playing, now it's hard to get rid of stack addiction.  Sad  It's better to know about it when you start playing css, just saying....