Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Roots
So I want to start making a map for the MG server (if it is allowed), and I would like to know what the max size is for the map in megabytes before it is approved or disapproved. The reason I'd like to do this is almost all the maps on the mg server are overplayed and honestly not that challenging, so if this is allowed to happen I would like to break that cycle and make something fun to play with a little bit of a challenge that will help new players learn useful skills, then the better people will get better. Also if all goes as expected with the people ill be working with it will take about 4-6 weeks to complete this wonderful assortment of useful skills. Please approve this suggestion. -sincerely Matt Demon
+support
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
+1

I love you Matt.
[Image: 519966_101.png]
[Image: 541034_101.png]
Defenitly think he has the potential to make a great map, he explained to me a bit of what his map will be about, and once it's done, if everything's fine, I would like to play it on the MG server. good luck matt!
[Image: 34grqxg.png]
[Image: 168hp2u.png]

Let's see what you got.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
look at other mg maps at your map folder,.

mg_ct_in_trouble_v2.bsp for 16.00 mb
I believe most of the maps are sub-20MB, but I know a few, such as Goldeneye, approach the 50MB mark. Smaller size means faster downloading.
I do believe oaks laboratory is around 87 mb but the map we will be working on may turn out to be larger than that, and it would be nice to know what the largest file you guys will accept is before we do this.
I would go with 60-mb
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Bummer that size must limit the creative spark and vision he has for this new map...  Who cares about download time?  I don't....  If it's worth the wait, its worth it...
[Image: 552360_101.png]