Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student arrested for making a map of his school.
Quote:A Chinese student was removed from Clements High School in Fort Bend, Texas after parents complained he had re-created the school grounds in a game and uploaded the map for his friends to play. The boy was placed in the district's alternate education school and later arrested, as the police considered him a "terroristic threat". The Chinese community and the boy's mother have rallied behind him, saying the school has acted too harshly in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings. No charges were filed, though the boy won't be allowed to participate in graduation ceremonies.

We don't have to point out how ridiculous this is to our Joystiq readers. How many people have created familiar surroundings using in-game editors? We once made a partial re-creation of our college in Dr. Lunatic Supreme With Cheese. Good thing nobody found out, otherwise we'd be blogging from a soft and squishy padded room right now.

Source:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/02/stude ... is-school/
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/student-t ... ol-6235913

It's kind of weird since I have been thinking of making a map of my school, but a friend of mine showed that to me.
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
im gonna make a map of my school. see what these idiots will do . ill put bomb A in the principles office and bomb B in the gym.
Aka: V3NOMPR0D1GY
V3NOMPR0D1GY Wrote:im gonna make a map of my school. see what these idiots will do . ill put bomb A in the principles office and bomb B in the gym.
In the gym because that's where the jocks hang out? 
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
Exactly. Jocks and douchebags.
Aka: V3NOMPR0D1GY
I dont think this is right, and in Texas too, gee i thought they were all for guns and shit hadurrr Big Grin. I'm being a tad stereotypical lol, but no this just isn't right, a kid(literaly) makes a map of his school for CS which takes hours upon hours of time to make(unlike COH maps which are pretty simple to make), and you call it level 3 BS. I mean the kid has nothing else to do with his time, i'll bet his parents are either never home because they're always working, or they virtually always lock him in his room, so the guy must be bored out of his wits(like i am and was when i was in the same kind of child-parent thing) and he makes a map, what did he do, blurb about it to everyone at school, or put it on a only-steam community that clamps down on maps like this, unlike Warlords?
Then its also an overreaction, and the school ppl are being paranoid, 5 decorative swords, tch and, i have 2 staffs and Iron pole and a number of wooden swords i practice martial arts with, apparently that entails im violent and likely to do something. Kid shouldn't have been sent to another school, and whats to stop him from just reinstalling the game on his comp and playing?

Wait a minute was this kid Asian? cuz i see the Virginia tech conotation being used? See then it just becomes racial profiling.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6