Poll: Would you like to play on (wL) 24/7 DM server with what kind of spawn? Show Results
The way it is now is perfect.
3 27.27%
Random spawn
5 45.45%
Other (Must post)
3 27.27%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[POLL] D2 DM [RANDOM SPAWN]
I think the Spawn protection is 6 seconds.
I had advocated a similar half map random spawn division, where cts and ts spawned respectively in their half the map, but in different places in that half. This way when we first tried random spawn, you wouldn't spawn, and than have an enemy spawn immediately right behind you because you moved away from the spawn point.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
I think the spawn system as of now is great.

It is very smart.
If there is large entities that belong to CT, then the spawn moves to opposite side of the map where there isnt any a lot of CT.
HOWEVER, this will not work in weekends, when the traffic has to handle around 60 players on the map.
if this is the case, almost every place in map (awp-camping spots) are filled with CT's or T, making these campers vulnerable to switching spawn spots.

so, am I suggesting to change the spawn so CT spawn on normal CT and T on normal T spot?
NO!

ive seen some cases where there were only 10 players on each side, and T's baseraped CT's.
you know how CT's natural spawn is on lower elevation, right? this helped T's to exploit the advantage, and killed every CT on sight.
this was BEFORE we added awp.
imagine this situation WITH awp.
"Prepare your anus!!!"

so, i cant be completely satisfied with the spawn system on our Dust 2 DM, but it is the best we have now.

Lieutenant Josh, post: 79533, member: 946 Wrote:I think the Spawn protection is 6 seconds.

could you imagine spawn protection time of 6 seconds?
i think this is fair only in huuuge maps like one of those maps in BF3.
but what we can do is, as i call it, "smart spawn protection timer"
where as there are more players in the server, we decrease/increase the spawn protection time.
I planned on making it so there was all different types of spawn modes, not just the same ones. But actually implementing it is the hard part.