Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elderly Ohio woman dies hours after Obama eats at her restaurant
[Image: 120706-harris-vmed-327p.photoblog600.jpg]

[SIZE=16px]By Reuters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - The elderly owner of an Ohio restaurant where President Barack Obama ate breakfast on Friday died of natural causes just hours after meeting him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Josephine "Ann" Harris, 70, owner of Ann's Place, where Obama was served eggs, bacon, toast and grits, died at a hospital in Akron, Ohio. The president called her daughter from Air Force One to express his condolences.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]A hospital spokesman said Harris had complained of fatigue and a tingling feeling. White House press secretary Jay Carney said Harris apparently had not been well and was believed to have had a heart attack.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]The Summit County medical examiner's office said Harris died of natural causes. Hospital spokesman Jim Gorsky said she died five hours after Obama's visit. "The president expressed his sorrow," Carney said aboard Air Force One at the end of a two-day campaign swing through the election battleground states of Ohio and Pennsylvania.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]"Very sad event. He was very honored to meet her this morning and passed on his feelings that the whole family is in his thoughts and prayers," he said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Harris's encounter with Obama took place outside her diner, where the president ordered two eggs, over medium, with bacon and wheat toast and accepted a waitress' offer of grits.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Harris, a great-grandmother, hugged Obama and posed with him for photographs, local media said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]"I'm sure this was her highlight," Harris' sister, Frankie Adkins of Tulsa, Oklahoma, told the Akron Beacon Journal newspaper.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Obama was finishing up a campaign bus tour during which he visited several restaurants to dine and talk with the locals.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px] http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...urant?lite[/SIZE]
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Hey now, thats actually not a half bad way to go out, dying after finally get to personally meet your President. 70's a good long life too, now if this was some 40 year old, id be surprised.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
I would die if Obama ate my food.
[Image: JAFxq.png]
[Image: like-a-boss-tina-png.1491]
[Image: Chuck-Norris-snipes-kittens.gif?]
Taking kitties out one at a time.
Obama just supported gays. Lets all wish she died because of food poisoning...
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 66810, member: 9168 Wrote:Obama just supported gays. Lets all wish she died because of food poisoning...
that's a terrible thing to say.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus, post: 66811, member: 1060 Wrote:that's a terrible thing to say.
That's ruplayer talking...
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
Hmm, then Romney would be president. Don't know which situation I would prefer. The worse the president, the funnier it gets though, so that's a plus for me.
Bush was hilarious, like 10 on laugh-my-ass-of scale. Romney would be like 5 or something. Obama isn't funny at all.
Silly, she died anyway. She can care less from what. However, if they ate with Obama from the same plate...
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
George Of The Jungle, post: 66815, member: 3094 Wrote:Hmm, then Romney would be president. Don't know which situation I would prefer. The worse the president, the funnier it gets though, so that's a plus for me.
Bush was hilarious, like 10 on laugh-my-ass-of scale. Romney would be like 5 or something. Obama isn't funny at all.
I genuinely liked Bush as a president Smile Hahaha.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly, post: 66819, member: 2152 Wrote:I genuinely liked Bush as a president Smile Hahaha.

Can't say I'm surprised.